What You Figure? New Machine, New Series Of Machine Or New Model????????????

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
What will the final outcome be? New Series of detectors like ACE 200, Ace 300 & Ace 400? or.....a totally new model platform?

ComingSoon.png

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Its the new steel toe boot line they have coming out.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A whole bunch of NOTHING. Just like the Makro Impact. Old tech in a new frame with some bells, and maybe a whistle. $$$$$$$ for nothing new. Tesoro just did the same thing with the Mojave, and Minelab with their "new" VLF nuggetshooter. It's all bull manure. :skullflag:

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A return to the name Master Hunter.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I was able to see in the video it looks like a teknetics. New design (appearance), probably a backlight, wireless capability for headphones only, and maybe ability to switch frequencies (4, 8, 12, 20 kHz)...and I'm guessing that's it.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
A multi freq would b nice, but please no more Ace's

I thought the same too. maybe that machine is not even the new Garrett. They really seem to be secretive about this new release. If it's a multi frequency, that will definitely turn a few heads, especially if it costs less then some of the multi frequency machines currently available. And I mean multi frequency all at once, not the ability to choose one or more frequencies.

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the same too. maybe that machine is not even the new Garrett. They really seem to be secretive about this new release. If it's a multi frequency, that will definitely turn a few heads, especially if it costs less then some of the multi frequency machines currently available. And I mean multi frequency all at once, not the ability to choose one or more frequencies.

.......John. Is that possible? Seems it could be counterintuitive/productive . Does anyone make a Pi/Vlf in one ?

Mark.

Last edited:

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They dubbed a new machine coming in 2017 late last year as the, "AT Pro 2" I'm sticking with that as my guess :)

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
.......John. Is that possible? Seems it could be counterintuitive/productive . Does anyone make a Pi/Vlf in one ?

Mark.

Yes....some company actually tried producing a combo VLF/PI detector about 18 years ago. Very expensive, and really lacked depth. It just wasn't practical. The search coil for each design is totally different, so both types of windings were in a search coil, which really compromised the unit.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
They dubbed a new machine coming in 2017 late last year as the, "AT Pro 2" I'm sticking with that as my guess :)

You are probably correct. I honestly don'y know what is coming. Even if I asked, they would not tell me, so I don't bother asking.

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whatever it may be, it will be ironically refreshing to hear Garrett guys worshipping something other than the AT Pro. Man alive, I'm tired of hearing about that machine. :laughing7:

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own a mine lab CTX, with all three factory coils small standard and large, since December. I hunt at least a few days a week as long as the weather is permitting. Yes I have found some cool things with it, but I can honestly say I do not believe that I found a single thing that I would not have found with my AT PRO. My hunting buddy has an at pro, and I call him over to double check signals that I find. If anything – I would be able to tell you with good accuracy what an at pro is telling me, where I have to guess with the CTX, even though I have hundreds of hours on it at this point. I have not sold my At pro, and I will not. In fact a few times I have thought to myself why even bother using the CTX when I should just sell it and get some money back out of it. Yes the rechargeable battery is nice, yes the back light display is nice, yes the wireless headphones are nice, but honestly I have not seen a benefit to the much touted multi-frequency. Additionally the visual indication although better in theory – is not really any better in real life. I currently own three detectors my first which was an ace 350, the AT pro, and the CTX. I also bought and sold a GTI 2500. For the vast majority of the finds, the 350 would find them just fine. The visual identification number on the at pro does help dig less trash – so although I have never used one of the new aces, my guess is that having a target number narrows the field.

Like everyone, I am watching with interest to see what Garrett releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own a mine lab CTX, with all three factory coils small standard and large, since December. I hunt at least a few days a week as long as the weather is permitting. Yes I have found some cool things with it, but I can honestly say I do not believe that I found a single thing that I would not have found with my AT PRO. My hunting buddy has an at pro, and I call him over to double check signals that I find. If anything – I would be able to tell you with good accuracy what an at pro is telling me, where I have to guess with the CTX, even though I have hundreds of hours on it at this point. I have not sold my At pro, and I will not. In fact a few times I have thought to myself why even bother using the CTX when I should just sell it and get some money back out of it. Yes the rechargeable battery is nice, yes the back light display is nice, yes the wireless headphones are nice, but honestly I have not seen a benefit to the much touted multi-frequency. Additionally the visual indication although better in theory – is not really any better in real life. I currently own three detectors my first which was an ace 350, the AT pro, and the CTX. I also bought and sold a GTI 2500. For the vast majority of the finds, the 350 would find them just fine. The visual identification number on the at pro does help dig less trash – so although I have never used one of the new aces, my guess is that having a target number narrows the field.

Like everyone, I am watching with interest to see what Garrett releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My AT PRO hangs with the big dogs no problem. But it's now a back up because the Whites V3i multi frequency analyzes so much better. A AT PRO with the Nel Storm or Big Nel is super deep it will pull 8-9" dimes but you will also pull a lot more trash. The Pro is a major work horse in the detector market because it will go deep for a fraction of the price of other units. Plus can't beat it's a water machine too.
Thanks

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Whatever it may be, it will be ironically refreshing to hear Garrett guys worshipping something other than the AT Pro. Man alive, I'm tired of hearing about that machine. :laughing7:

You and me both; its a great machine for kids and to start out with but I am really sick of hearing people claim they could stand next to my machines and coils with their ATP or ATPI.

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out with a Bounty hunter (Bday gift) then bought a Whites DFX and than traded it for a ATP--
I still have the Bounty hunter out at the saw mill and don't miss the DFX at all//
the ATP is a great machine and it will take a really great one to replace it// Perry

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it will not be long before we know , we will find out tomorrow.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's the AT MAX!!!! Looks freaking awesome. Even included the International model as well, sweet!

Garrett Sport Division

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that was underwhelming.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions