Apr 15, 2017
Orygunistan
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Born 4/17..
Fisher CZ3d W/Nasa Tom tune!
Whites V3i.... WOW!!😎
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AT Pro's are dropping like flies all over the BookofFaces!! Might be time to get a backup/friend machine!!

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand all the hating. Everything they did to it was improvements. It's still well priced. It works in the water now, backlit, hits deeper, uses same coils, better grip, wireless. Geesh! Yes, Garrett could have done more. Bet the price would have been up there to reflect it too.
Guess when they first sliced bread someone complained about how it was sliced too. I can't wait to see it in use. Everything I wanted in a mid-ranged priced detector has been addressed. Nice progress in my book. Good on Garrett for addressing most everything in one move.

No hating that Ive seen. Just hoped for something new like a lot of others did...the release was over-hyped.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is a fantastic addition to an already great lineup.

Yes I moved onto the CTX 3030 and love it to pieces, but had I known what was coming with this machine............I may just have waited.

The wireless and backlit screens were two musts for me, and the main reason my I jumped brands.

My AT Pro was (and still is) a very reliable machine that has found me some awesome targets.

I never found it to be heavy (certainly not now that I'm with the CTX), but I never once used the forearm strap on my AT Pro.

I can't say I noticed the float away feeling that was mentioned earlier in this thread when water hunting, but each person is different I suppose.

You've gained depth out of the box, wireless out of the box (and your old headphones will still work with it), backlit, and a few other features and its still under a grand!

Total win in my books.

Yes there will always be brand bashers so ignore that, and just listen to what matters most to you in a detector.

If any of the above grab your attention then you're all set, if not.......well then pony up the cash and go bigger.

Nice job Garrett, thanks for listening to some of our wishes.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
So, does anyone here know how much depth was added to this machine?

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My brother bought an ATX a month or so ago, but i cant afford one of those so it looks like a Max for me. Glad I waited till spring , almost bought a pro in the fall.

Last edited:

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check with Fort Bedford Detectors. Those guys really go above and beyond for the customer.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking machine! Congratulations to Garrett and to all you AT lovers! Tt

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Np official ship dates as of today - I'm hoping the come in by late June or early July. We have a lot on order once they start shipping. Map price is $722.46, contact us to get on the waiting list or preorder. New features include Wireless headphones, True All Metal Mode for increased depth, backlit display with larger numbers, more ground balance control to help in saltwater.

Wayne

Garrett AT Max Metal Detector ? Metal Detecting Stuff

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I am going to wait and look at some video reviews on depth and such. Proof is in results. If the brand name was dog s***t and it found the deep goodies, I would buy it. I am not brand loyal. I am finds loyal.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to say I'm NOT a garrett fan BUT seems to me that they gave all the options that people wanted. With that said I can't wait to try a MAX out!!!!!!

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett AT MAX

AT Max users, Please keep us informed about the AT Max? Your likes dislikes Pros and Cons about the Max and the price tag? I think I want to buy one But before I do I want to know how its working out in real life not from a Garrett video in U Tube.

Thank for any Information.

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were to choose an AT series it would defiantly be this Max. Too bad it wasn't available 2.5 months ago when I bought my Gold!! The reason I went with the AT Gold was because of the All metal mode and threshold control..But now Max has both those options plus wireless, backlight, and a more versatile operating frequency. It would defiantly be able to hit deeper/harder on silver than the AT Gold does, can't say vs the Pro yet but I'm guessing there will be a real small increase on silvers. I don't think I would sell my existing AT series to get the Max, but if I were choosing between the 3 I would defiantly go with the Max.

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were to choose an AT series it would defiantly be this Max. Too bad it wasn't available 2.5 months ago when I bought my Gold!! The reason I went with the AT Gold was because of the All metal mode and threshold control..But now Max has both those options plus wireless, backlight, and a more versatile operating frequency. It would defiantly be able to hit deeper/harder on silver than the AT Gold does, can't say vs the Pro yet but I'm guessing there will be a real small increase on silvers. I don't think I would sell my existing AT series to get the Max, but if I were choosing between the 3 I would defiantly go with the Max.
I bought my AT Pro. not even two month ago. Then they come out with the Max. If I knew this I would have waited kind of pees me off.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why ? Consider the 637 price tag on the AT Gold and 722 on the max. 85 bucks more and you get a backlight , wireless headphones and more features on a machine that can do everything the gold can do. Of course you could always buy the Z Lynk for another 127 bucks and wear a head light with the AT Gold. Or you could spend 34 bucks for the AT adapter so you can wear the wired headphones of your choice. That would save you 51 bucks unless of course you bought a pair of headphones that cost more than 51 bucks. Maybe you prefer cords and head lights. Seems perfectly logical.

I like the Pro but when water hunting you can't see the screen and you have to use waterproof headphones so you have to decide if it's worth it?.

nebu

Greenie
Apr 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my AT PRO 4 months ago and I'm crying.

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i heard on other forums that this not worth 700+usd, what do you think my friends?
Do this apsolutely waterproof on saltwater and freshwater?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread