On Some Hunts.....You Find The Craziest Things

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
fh3_zpsmr2bni5s.jpg~original

I just had to get out! It's been getting real cold with the wind chill factor lately. Today I had a strong wind from the south, so I hunted a sheltered area protected from the wind. I eyeballed a pair of work socks someone hung out to dry at one time. Must have been drunk and forgot where they were? There were remnants of numerous makeshift campsites around the area with the usual beer cans, bottle caps and garbage.

fh2_zpsugugpnzy.jpg~original

Here are the few items I dug today! But......things got better!

fh1_zpsiqjyzxbq.jpg~original

I got a good mid 80's signal, hoping to find a silver quarter. Instead, I got this old Dinky Toy. I realized after looking at it, that it wasn't complete. I searched the area, and managed to find another wheel. After some Googling I discovered that the steam engine was manufactured in 1958. It (the original steam engine) used to travel with carnivals in 1924 as a novelty for families, farmers and kids.

fh5_zpsrjm2vslg.jpg~original

After trudging through the snow for some time, I came across a purse, sort of hidden in the bushes. I grabbed it, having fantasies of stolen loot, or jewelry, diamonds. After opening it, I was disappointed, to find a few old business cards and a tiny glass sample tube of women's perfume.

fh7_zps17uy5zvo.jpg~original

And of course.......the craziest find of the day! A pair of ladies high heeled pink boots, out in the middle of nowhere in the woods. There was absolutely no wear on the soles of those boots. Stolen probably, but why did the end up here?

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Lol. Now that’s one hunt you’ll remember forever. Pink hooker boots in the woods. Doesn’t get much stranger than that. Nice finds John!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very fun hunt! :occasion14:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
she is behind a tree saying bring me my boots and there will be a reward if you do

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt but. ...........do you keep your doors locked?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread