The Garrett 5" x 8" DD Coil Was The Coil Of Choice For Today

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
zo4.jpg
My buddy and I headed off to the woods for another hunt. It was a great day, as the temperature got to one degree above freezing. We had a handicap of about 4 inches of snow, but the 5" x 8" DD coils were light enough to slice through the top inch or 2, at least giving us a better chance of getting some decent targets. We hit an old picnic area. Got some interesting finds.

zoa.jpg
My first good signal in the 80's was an old tube of Brylcreem. I found an old magazine ad featuring Dick Clark promoting it. Too funny.

zo7.jpg

The only silver coin found today. A 1957 silver quarter. The 5" x 8" coils are small enough to get near and into tight areas such as beside fallen trees and into bramble bushes and stems. Had we used larger coils today, we probably would have missed some targets.

zo2.jpg

And being outside for 4+ hours works up a good appetite! We finished the day eating some great hot dogs. Life is good! :)

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find's. and looks like you guys had a great time. I remember Brylcream quite well from my teenage years "Just a little dab will do you" was one of the slogans LOL.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread