AT MAX all metal mode vdi numbers test

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to admit this is all irritating to me. You can take any detector and make it go sour. I have an AT Gold which is similar to the Max. Of course there is a learning curve. Rule number one is don't use much sensitivity. In Disc mode with the 5 x 8 DD coil, one bar sensitivity will hit a gold ring at five inches deep. Start running the sens up higher and you'll eventually end up like this video which is the WRONG WAY TO DO IT. And you don't know if he ground balanced it right or not. Just a load of propaganda he tries to force down your throat (or someplace else). Either that or he don't know squat. Take your pick.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok I showed the machine in all metal , whats the big deal? If you don't like the results I cant help that , these test are real and not doctored up. Was looking for max depth in all metal and that's what I showed.. All metal with disc is another video you will love too! One more thing I thought the garrett consensus was to crank the machine up sens wise , I did back it down in my nail test. One more question isn't running the AT MAX in all metal a feature that's there to get maximum depth??? How would cutting down the sensitivity contribute to getting max depth???? BTW get yourself a go pro and film it doing better and post it for the world to see! Always the nay sayers with no proof to back up what there ranting about.....

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And don't forget which company has had the number one selling metal detector for last I don't know probably ten years running--Garrett! Eat your heart out!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I care about performance not sales ! My test are real and not doctored up ,I'm not that kind of person.. If you don't like them fine get a go pro and show different and post it and we will have a open discussion in the open about it for all to see. Fan boys are fine but some of us are interested in FACTS about different detectors performance.....BTW go watch the video I did with all metal and disc and tell me what I did wrong there.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro has a loyal following but for the life of me I cant figure out why... If you dig almost all targets your gonna dig something good ..... but I like to be able to guess before I dig it.. lol

Not to thread hijack but honestly the tones of a Tesoro are so descriptive you would be amazed.

Different strokes for different folks. I'd like to see you borrow a Vaquero to try and hit that pesky 12" silver quarter!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive tried a cortes but not my cup of tea.. I know the vaquero machine is deep ,it and the tejon both are from what ive saw. If Tesoro ever comes up with a two machine well I might give one a whirl then , they would have a winner with a 2 tone machine imo. I don't care for the one tone at all..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread