AT Max Coils

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone used the Nel Sharpshooter coil (9.5 X 5.5) on the AT Max and how did it perform. I noticed that Kellyco has the Sharpshooter on their site supposedly tuned to the Max. I’m looking at replacing the stock coil on my new Max with the 9.5 x 5.5. I have read John-Edmonton review for the Garrett 6 x 9 I found that to be very informative but the only problem with the concentric coil I see is use in high mineralized soil it does not perform well. I’ve also read that the Nel Sharpshooter will perform well in beach sand. Thanks for your replies.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered one so I'll find out soon.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I too am curious! "Different Coils for different soils" seems to have more merit the older I get.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll let you know how well it works on one of my trashy late 1800s or the early 1800s site when it comes in.

OP
OP
Hal2k

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll let you know how well it works on one of my trashy late 1800s or the early 1800s site when it comes in.

Thanks! Look forward to seeing how it works for you.

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the 5x8 and it’s deep. I dug an 8 inch wheat with it.. shocked me really.

OP
OP
Hal2k

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Have you gotten your Nel Sharpshooter coil? If so how has it worked for you? Still on fence about replacing my AT Max stock coil with the Sharpshooter by Nel.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No haven't received it it was backordered so I ordered a NEL thunder which will be here today. I am on list to get the sharpshooter when my dealer gets them.

OP
OP
Hal2k

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No haven't received it it was backordered so I ordered a NEL thunder which will be here today. I am on list to get the sharpshooter when my dealer gets them.

Thanks

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your welcome bud

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread