Garret Pro-Pointer AT, my new purchase.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After owning a Garret black pin-pointer for many years I switched over to Minelab as it had iron discrimination. But found that too cumbersome. I was missing finds as I was spending too much time in my holes. I missed the feel and simple dig and go of my old Garret. Nothing wrong with Minelab, but it would just stop beeping if it picked up two or more targets and I couldn't get a proper reading. I hope the depth of this new Garret is the same as my old Minelab pin-pointer. I haven't read the book or any documentation yet so hoping it is waterproof as I get wet sometimes. This was my first purchase from Kellyco and it went off without a hitch. I even received a book on coin hunting so I love treasure books and was a welcomed surprise.

Any recommendations. What is the best Battery. Is the PPAT have any special settings. Will it find small gold nuggets. Is there any easter eggs like Christmas music if you hit the right button combination?

IMG-1195.jpg

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I run mine on the middle depth setting and silent. I believe the depth is a little better on the third setting than the old black ones. It will find pretty small pieces. I found some tiny buckshot when looking for some yella. I use ray o vacs as they are cheaper than duracell and energizers but last just as long. I got a 12 pack at Lowes in the spring time as they run a sale for ten bucks.
You'll like it. It detunes just like the old black ones. An easy task that many complainers of the tool don't know how to use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread