Well.....Here's The New Garrett "APEX"

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Here's the new product from Garrett Metal Detectors. It has great features, often requested by serious users.

https://garrett.com/sport/ace/apex

apex pic.jpg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally, exciting news from Garrett. This is a great start and something to build on to provide a much needed makeover to the AT line. In the meantime, Apex will be the most affordable selectable multi-frequency machine on the market (unless someone announces something getting released before this July) and as an added bonus, you also get simultaneous Multifrequency for about the same price as the top of the line Vanquish which does NOT have selectable single frequency nor adjustable ground balance. Plus APEX is just a better looking detector than Vanquish. Great job, Garrett. So Garrett wins the battle on paper, can't wait to see how this performs in real life come July. And for all you naysayers who are going to complain about no water proofing and this and that...Garrett has to save something for the next gen AT machine.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think V is going to take a hit on his credit card again!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
A question I seriously have about this - noting that the last Garrett I owned was essentially a "ding dong" machine - the Ace 250 after I decided to return to the hobby.

Can you just listen to the sound from the ground in order to determine to dig or not? I really do seriously still search by sound. Can't help it, that's the way I learned.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A question I seriously have about this - noting that the last Garrett I owned was essentially a "ding dong" machine - the Ace 250 after I decided to return to the hobby.

Can you just listen to the sound from the ground in order to determine to dig or not? I really do seriously still search by sound. Can't help it, that's the way I learned.

Click on the link. There are vids demonstrating the tones. It is a 5 tone machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread