Snow Hunt #33 - Fantastic Old Finds With ACE Using Sniper Coil.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
AAAAAAAAA2.jpg
Got up early, as Mondays and Tuesdays are my usual days off. Scott came over and picked me up, and we headed for a tobogganing hill. I only got 6 pennies, so we moved on to another location in Edmonton. It got hot hunting in the sun, as it got to about 10 degrees above freezing today. There's Scott searching for something in the bushes.

bbbbbbb2.jpg

After about an hour, I got a decent "BOINK" sound on my ACE. Down about 7 inches came this very old dog tag. I thought at first it was a watch fob, but upon cleaning at home, I came to the conclusion that is was in fact a dog tag. To the best of my families ability, it reads as follows:

"SNUFF"
OWNED BY

Viniall Alrurl
4106 WEST AVE​
It's old, as that address doesn't exist any more......

ddddddddddd2.jpg
Things got quiet for a while. I found an old trail which I followed and lead to a plateau with lots of thick saplings growing about a foot apart. Luckily I was using the sniper coil, as it got a wheat and old mother of pearl button in that area......

badge.jpg
My ACE soon sounded off another strong "BOINK", so I dug another hole expecting another coin. Not so! out came this very old chauffeurs badge.....1920 to be exact. What a great find! I have several others that I have dug up in the past, but not nearly as old.

ccccccccccccc2.jpg
Here are what the some of the cars would have looked like in 1921. What a great piece of history.............

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee2.jpg
How time flies when you are having fun! It wasn't long before it was time to head back and head home. Here is my take for the day.

Attachments

• BEER (3).jpg
    BEER (3).jpg
    7 KB · Views: 117
  • BEER (3).jpg
    BEER (3).jpg
    7 KB · Views: 116

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread