ace 250 question...

bnsfhobo

Aug 29, 2007
Oklahoma City
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's M6
To me the tone stays constant for anything buried one inch or more. THere is a difference if it is surface or just below. To me the best thing with headphones is your batteries last much longer, over time the headphones would pay for themselves if you do a lot of hunting.
Also I dont always use my headphones (depending on the neighborhood)

Good luck and HH'ing

Hugh

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've found pennies in the 6 to 8 inch range...very wet soil but i was impressed by the depth and the accuracy of the pinpoint

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been digging mercs at 4 to 6 inches. The tone is usually the same with the exception of the ones sitting on top of the ground..You will know when you hear it going crazy. Headphones..I don't usually use it with the Ace unless it is in a crowed area and only to keep the other folks from hearing it's loud tones. Batteries lasts a darn near lifetime...really easy on the batteries.

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Mercury dime down to 7".........the beeps will always be the same.......same tone, quality, with the exception of broken beeps. If you hear broken beeps, this means it can be a trash object or trash right next to a good one. One trademark of the detector is that if the coin is shallow, less than 2", you can actually place the coil directly over and it will beep repeatedly on it's own......more or less not on it's own but by the minute movement of the coil, no matter how still you try to stand! :)

Ricardo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread