Time Capsule

ews

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2007
May ask all you Cache hunters for some advice.

Our Community group are planing to place a Time Capusule in the grounds of our Community Garden. Useing your knowledge, what material should one use as a container, how should it be sealed. Would it be advisable for paper, banknotes, photo's (images printed on computer photographic paper) to be sealed in lamination pouches, would a packet of moistster absorbing crystals be of any use !!. What sort of material should one not enclose , decay, breakdown, reaction to other objects, ect. Should we mark the outside of the container to identifie it , if so would some form of engraving , be advised, plus notification to local museum of where we have buried it. The capsule will be buried in the earth !!! and I am in the UK, so bear in mind climatic conditions.

Lets have your thoughts boys.

OP
OP
E

ews

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2007
Thank you for your reply Jeff.

The points on the indicated web site are very helpful, as I was planing to use PVC pipe for the container,(not a good idea) thinking it was the best thing out there. Lots of useful info on the site.

As an aside ,I have been lurking on this site for some time and have only recently joined, just brilliant and find many evening took up with reading the members posts, on all the subjects.

Again many thanks for your reply.

Edward.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread