shadow box
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Oct 2008

shadow box

hello all. i am wanting to get a shadow box of some type to put some of my finds in . i want it to have a glass lid that hinges..do any of you fine people know where a guy could get something like this .. thank you for your help.. Rory

us
    Nov 2005
    North Central Tennessee
    MXT
    140 times

Re: shadow box

Rory,

There are any number of specialty stores that carry display cases, but you can start here:

www.wooddisplaycases.com

Hinged glass lids, wooden frames, filled with a foam that allows the relic to push into it and the pieces are held in place by the lid, if that makes any sense. I think they come with a felt cover over the foam (mine have it), and they come stained in a variety of colors..........have a look.

Roger

Dec 2006
    Watseka, Illinois
    Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
    48 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Rory,if you want, you can get a picture frame and make one yourself..Box can be made whatever depth needed with craft wood (pine, balsa, whatever).. With some spray glue place a layer of foam, add cloth (I like blue for silver objects) Make a cloth hinge using epoxy or superglue.. I think I might try a strip magnent around the edge of the box and one around the frame..A old paneled window is a nice effect..
    WADE ON IN THE WATER AIN"T DEEP!!!!

us
    NJ

Nov 2006
    Middlesex County, New Jersey
    Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
    234 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

If you have an A.C. Moore around you they have some inexpensive display cases that you have to stain yourself but then you can make it as light or dark as you want.

Good luck

NJ

us
    Oct 2008

thank you all for your help and idea's .. very much appreciated ..Rory

Sponsored Links