I dream of a 1943 Copper Wheatie.................

midirtdevil

Sep 21, 2008
Holland, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dream of a 1943 Copper Wheatie........................... I seriously do. Since I picked up my metal detector and started to swing it. Back and forth... most swings are silent but when I do, I see the penny coming out of the ground, but never literally see it. This is just a thought that I felt like sharing with all of you. This is my myspace, as I check this forum more than I do to see what my friends are up to. I cant wait to get a new camera so I can show all of you my findings, Especially the super clean tungsten ring I found, and all the wheaties I've found. Not the cereal!!!

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want I could give you one. If I had one ;D ;D. Lets both keep digging, ones bound to pop up one of these days. :icon_sunny:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
i do the same thing but with hammered coins :D

i'll get that coin one day :thumbsup:

au4me2

Sep 8, 2007
Ma.
Detector(s) used
Depends on what Im looking for!
Send me your address and I'll send you one, I have ton's of them. :thumbsup:

Rusty Pan

Apr 17, 2006
au4me2 said:
I seen one back in l960, over in Germany. The US had just changed from sricpt to US currency, one of the men received the l943 copper in change at the Commissary. One of the men, including me, would ask to see your change, for collecting. Fred gave it back to the indiv. Found out latter it as good, and he received at that time $12,000 for it after he got out of the service. Rusty Pan

OP
OP
midirtdevil

midirtdevil

Sep 21, 2008
Holland, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty Pan said:
au4me2 said:
I seen one back in l960, over in Germany. The US had just changed from sricpt to US currency, one of the men received the l943 copper in change at the Commissary. One of the men, including me, would ask to see your change, for collecting. Fred gave it back to the indiv. Found out latter it as good, and he received at that time $12,000 for it after he got out of the service. Rusty Pan
Nice! wish it was me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread