johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had my new pinpointer about 2 weeks and it's starting to act up. After I pinpoint with it it keeps chirping when I put it down. At first I thought maybe there's some iron or something where I laid it down. But, then I picked it up and it still kept chirping. I turned it off and then back on and it was fine. It has done this about 4 times. However, it doesn't do it all the time. Anyone else have any problems ? :icon_scratch:

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The battery is getting low. Low battery warning.

OP
OP
J

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EZrider said:

Nope. Yesterday I replaced a battery in one of my grandson's toys. I installed that battery in the pinpointer and instantly got a high-low pitch which I'm guessing is the low battery sound. That's not what I'm getting when the thing won't stop chirping. The sound I'm getting is the same sound it makes when it, "finds" a target.

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
EZrider said:

Mine was brand new and only used a couple of times when it happened to me. It has worked great since then and has been used alot.

OP
OP
J

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the mystery is over, more or less. I called Garrett this morning and they said send it back we'll send you a new one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread