First test run

Kevin Bozard

Aug 7, 2008
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I took my BH pioneer 505 for a test run yesterday, just to make sure the thing worked as it's supposed to. I only had approximately 30 minutes before sundown, but figured that would be enough time to test things out. I went to the little league ball field in town, and began my search in a sandy area near the entrance. Right away I found a Lincoln cent, a few minutes later I found another one. I also found plenty of pull tabs, and some miscellaneous bottle caps an other small pieces of iron. Over all, I found that the detector performed reasonably well, for a rookie user like myself.

There is a guy that lives in this area that has been detecting for years, and I had planned on talking with him to see how hard it is to get permission to certain locations. Locations that are filled with Civil War relics.

On my way home I stopped by a grocery store to pick up some ice cream, and guess who happened to be there shopping? Since I've known this guy for quite some time, I knew he wouldn't mind me picking his brain while he made his way through the aisles. When it was all said and done, he promised to contact me soon to take me to some of the places he already has permission to hunt. To add to that bit of good fortune, I also got permission from one of the local farmers to hunt his fields that are located less than 10 miles from where I live. That should really give the 505 a nice workout! :thumbsup:

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd say that you are off to a teriffic start to the wonderful world of treasure hunting. You are fortunate to have someone share their civil war sites with you.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Good deal, I'm starting with a new machine as well. The learning curve is fun as you never know what your going to dig.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
learning curves keep you digging,hour's dissapear :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread