I cant use this treasure documents lead but perhaps you may.

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
I can't use this treasure documents lead but perhaps you may.

Hi all: I received the email I have pasted below. I am not that kind of treasure hunter (just a land metal detectorist) and perhaps you can use the info this person offers. As always, caveat emptor. Post here if you communicated with this person and it proved fruitful.

Silver Fox

Dear Sir:

I am an archival researcher and I have a great collection of archival documents related to the spanish ships which sank in XVII and XVIII century in the Florida, Bahama, Cuba and Caribbean watters. Most of the documents (maps, witnesses description, logbooks, manifests) I have found in the spanish archives like Archivo General de Indias in Seville, Archivo General de Simancas, Biblioteca Nacional de Madrid etc..., Most of the documents are unpublished.

Anyway, if you think you could have an interest in such documents, please contact me: [email protected]

I am waiting for your answer.

All the best,

Pawel

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I can't use this treasure documents lead but perhaps you may.

S. Fox, Unless you contacted this person first I would be awful suspicious of a scam of some kind, like send me money and I'll send you document. Then you find the document is in some archaic Spanish dialect that the last reader or speaker died 150 years ago and no one knows what the words mean.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

Pawel Nowak has been around for quite some time. Never had the opportunity to communicate with the fella but from what I have read over the years, he is one great guy........ to stay away from. :wink:

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Pawel is a member of Tnet since 2004....3 posts........

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, I got the same e-mail a couple hours ago. Looks like my personal info isn't safe on T-Net anymore.
I swear, people keep making it harder & harder for Marc to keep this place running smooth. >:(
Maybe we could have a 100 post minimum for access to personal info of other members?

Bran <><

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

He just looked into everyones profile...If your profile shows your email to more than your buddies....then its open to anyone who looks....mine is hidden except to my selected buddies....he was in my profile this afternoon.....

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

I got an e-mail from him this morning, probably the same one you all did. If you want a good chuckle, google search his name- Pawel Nowak.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Gypsy Heart said:
He just looked into everyones profile...If your profile shows your email to more than your buddies....then its open to anyone who looks....mine is hidden except to my selected buddies....he was in my profile this afternoon.....

Ditto on him/she/it being in my profile.

all have a good un.....
SHERMANVILLE

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks for the heads up on that. I just changed my settings to make my email hidden. He/she/it hadn't apparently got to my name yet.

Al

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
OP
OP
Silver Fox

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star

It's good to see that you guys/gals are not easily taken. But I did say "caveat emptor": "Let the buyer beware. The buyer must examine the goods or property and buy at his own risk."

Silver Fox

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Silver Fox said:
It's good to see that you guys/gals are not easily taken. But I did say "caveat emptor": "Let the buyer beware. The buyer must examine the goods or property and buy at his own risk."

Silver Fox

Interesting.

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro

He is a busy little beaver, isn't he?
If he put as much work into hunting actual treasure as he does into scamming people he would make Mel Fisher look like an amateur!

"It really doesn't 'take all kinds", we just got 'em!"

Good Luck All
Mark

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900

Stay away from this guy, do some looking around at other discussions IE: Treasure Ships area and you will get a clear picture of this conman.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread