Need help with an ebay sell......

OP
OP
L

lms7652

May 19, 2006
Got it resolved. Here is the conversation with ebay live help. It may help someone else in the future.

1:07:42 PM System
Connected with Louie G.
1:07:47 PM Louie G.
Hello, thanks for waiting and welcome to eBay Live Help! My name is Louie. How may I help you?
1:09:12 PM wjsarv
I had a person buy the metal detector I had for sale. They are from Brazil and have no feedback. I never thought about someone out of the country just purchasing it. I do not want to send it to this person. Something does not seem right about it and I do not want to lose $350
1:09:57 PM Louie G.
I’m sorry to hear that, but I'd be happy to check it out for you.
1:10:07 PM Louie G.
Are you referring to item number 230315452829?
1:10:17 PM wjsarv
Yes
1:10:32 PM Louie G.
Thanks for the item number. One moment please so I can check on it.
1:10:39 PM wjsarv
Thanks....
1:14:17 PM Louie G.
Thanks for waiting. I see your listing is for US only. You can send the buyer a message informing them that they are violating a US only listing and you won't sell to them. You can relist already and open an unpaid item case later for credit purposes.
1:14:22 PM Louie G.
You can close the case with the option:
1:14:27 PM Louie G.
"We've agreed not to complete the transaction." With this option, the buyer does not receive an Unpaid Item strike,the seller receives a Final Value Fee credit, and the item is eligible for a relist credit.
1:14:57 PM Louie G.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
1:15:18 PM wjsarv
Ok thanks I will do that. nothing else today....

B

BIG61AL

I sell on ebay and hate when people don't repect my terms.....I don't sell outside the US cuz I don't trust others countries mail service to take the care to protect my items.....glad to see that it worked out fine for you

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I know you already got your decision, but in the future, I would not be afraid to sell out-of-country. The internet has made the world a small place. Some people in countries like that (or remote parts of those type countries) may not have dealers. So they have to buy over the net, just like you and I might opt to do. I've sold two machines that went to high bidders over-seas: 1 to France, and the other to Russia. In the France case, it was a machine brand with no local dealers, and with the Russia case, there wasn't a dealer for hundreds of miles around, if any, that he knew of. In each case I had no problems, and in fact, had some nice exchanges and followups with what they were finding. As long as they pre-pay, there isn't a problem.

OP
OP
L

lms7652

May 19, 2006
I probably would not have had too much of a problem but the person had no feedback and had just joined a last month. I know just because he had no feedback and is a new person on ebay does not make him a bad person. you have to start somewhere, but I just did not want to risk it.....

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a set of Harley Saddlebags for sale on eBay and got a an offer from another country. A LOT of $$$. Same deal though. New eBayer, zero feedback so I told them no way and restricted their bidder ID.

I sell worldwide but you need to understand the rules to avoid getting hurt. First, PayPal will NOT protect you outside the USA. Canada is OK. But scammers will use PayPal to get your stuff then screw you. Don't exactly know how they do it but foreign countries really don't care if Americans get screwed. Not a lot of fraud laws that they are prepared to deal with. If you have a bad feeling about a transaction trust your instincts.

cazar

Jul 4, 2005
mississippi, beaches of the pacific
Detector(s) used
whites beachhunter, dfx
I have sold a couple of items overseas on ebay..never a problem...
of course there always is the first time...

unfortunately some people have made it a problem..ebay is helpful in helping
you settle your problems..they have a great staff

respects

HHH

caz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions