Google Chrome

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I downloaded the web browser from Google call Chrome when it first came out a few months back and thought it was o.k. I just recently uploaded all of my bookmarks and began using it as my primary web browser. I have to say its simple and fast. I was wondering what everyone here was using? Internet Explorer? Mozilla Firefox? Apple Safari? The Treasure Net forum opens super fast for me with chrome. What do you think?

KG6YLL

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I like Mozilla Firefox... lots of great add-on's, works well. I have never tried the Chrome... I see a mega monopoly developing with Google... I remember when I first discovered the new search engine with the funny name when it was Beta.

73 de YI9LCA

OP
OP
kg6yll

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Elf In Back said:
I like Mozilla Firefox... lots of great add-on's, works well. I have never tried the Chrome... I see a mega monopoly developing with Google... I remember when I first discovered the new search engine with the funny name when it was Beta.

73 de YI9LCA
I totally agree with you guys on Firefox, and have been a user for years. But I like to try new things and learn from them. I was just impressed how fast most sites were loading with Chrome.

KG6YLL

Weasel_Loader

Feb 16, 2008
California City, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer CTX 3030
I've been a Firefox user for the last two years and just yesterday switched over to Chrome. Love it so far!!! I like the layout and bookmarking better than Firefox. Very simple which is what I prefer and fast. :thumbsup:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I have ad blocker plus on Firefox. Kills off the stupid in your face flashy moving banner ads I hate.

Chrome have anything similar?

OP
OP
kg6yll

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Elf In Back said:
I have ad blocker plus on Firefox. Kills off the stupid in your face flashy moving banner ads I hate.

I don't think so. It's still Google, and their main drive is advertising. I'm sure someone will come up with some type of tweak, but no ad blocker plus for now.

KG6YLL

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
i started using firefox last night because of problems with internet explorer!
when using IE we had to have the security at max, so You T ube and the like would not work! it just kept saying the java script is turned off!
This is the main reason i downloaded firefox, but the computer still wont play videos :icon_scratch:

can anyone help please? im only asking here because you all seem to know what your talking about!

thanks shaun

OP
OP
kg6yll

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Old Bookaroo said:
I know a lot more about "Alabama Chrome."

~The Old Bookaroo

You mean "duct tape"?

KG6YLL

OP
OP
kg6yll

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Elf In Back said:

I just found out how to block adds.

Download and install Privoxy.
Click on the Wrench icon in Chrome in the upper right corner.
Choose options>Under The Hood>Change proxy settings.
In the Internet Properties dialog's Connections tab, click on the LAN settings button.
Check off "Proxy settings" and in the address setting add 127.0.0.1 and in the port 8118.
If you have the option, you can also check off "Bypass proxy for local settings".
Click "OK," close Chrome and restart it.

original source: http://lifehacker.com/5046529/how-to-block-ads-in-google-chrome

KG6YLL

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried Chrome and liked it but I have been using a browser called Maxthon. Loads fast and just can't find much wrong with it. Up until this one Firefox was the browser of choice. Here is a linke if anyone is interested in giving it a try.
http://www.maxthon.com/

Isayhello2u

Sep 15, 2006
california
Primary Interest:
Other
I.E. just gets too many hacker attacks. it updates all the time to fix the loopholes which causes other problems. I use firefox but have chrome on a different machine :icon_study:. This is because i understand how to do things in firefox. as i get more used to chrome i may completely switch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread