I found a 1909 vdb penny!!

S

stefen

jlb783 said:
It had a bunch of crap on it so I cleaned it with vinegar... It was not a good idea at all, all I have now is a copper round. :-[

Look on the brighter side, had you used electralysis, you would have had nothing at all...

You have learned a great lesson and only by first-hand experience...won't be repeated

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry it did not turn out better for you.

Yesterday I think I found two 1909s but they are both pretty dirty. I'm waiting until I have some quality time to try and clean them up. Came from the same park that I found a 1914 D last month but that one was in really bad shape.

NJ

S

stefen

Tell ya what...send the 1914D to me for safe keeping so you won't destroy it accidentally...or trade it for a 1919

OP
OP
jlb783

jlb783

Dec 1, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
stefen said:
Tell ya what...send the 1914D to me for safe keeping so you won't destroy it accidentally...or trade it for a 1919
:D
Or I will keep it safe for ya.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
See that is why I love TNet...everyone is so willing to help out...bunch of sharks...lol.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That wasn't a good idea. I cleaned some wheaties of no significant value and I'll never do it again. If you don't do it too long they will look somewhat new again. I'd prefer to leave them alone other than peroxide or soap and water Darn a 1909 vdb ruined >:( If they are in good shape they can be worth some bucks

B

BIG61AL

A lesson learn is never a loss......try this to feel better..save up your clad and buy a nice conditon 1909 VDB!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread