Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Art,

If you're looking for the small ribs like is used in the cleanup sluices, Ace Hardware has it. Comes 3' wide by how ever many feet you want. For the big deep ribs try A & B Prospecting in Mesa, Arizona. They have Nomad (miners moss) and different carpet. Thier prices anren't bad & shipping well, shipping is shipping. Hopes that helps!

Oh yeah, if you get the small ribbed stuff ffrom Ace before you install it, lay it on the driveway or patio and give it a good scrub with some Dawn dishsoap. It has a mold release that is like silicone. After a good scrubbing it works great!

OP
OP
spawn00x

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
Thanks, I'm looking for something with deep grooves to catch the smaller gold. I'll try both places, thank you.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to help!!

I'm not too sure how the moderators feel about promoting sources other than the sponsers, But if you get stuck drop me a PM & I'll try to help you with some other sources.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard of others also using turf carpet to catch the fine stuff and they rinse that out an pan the mud in the bucket.

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
My sluice as coarse carpet, help get all the gold that runs over it, don't for get make it about 4 to 5 foot long if you can,
and for better results try keeping only 5" drop from top to bottom when placing it in the stream. good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions