jrwill56

Nov 1, 2008
Chowan Co.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 2000
White mark 11
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thought I would share this with you all.On thanksgiving day iI took my grandson out metal detecting,and he lost my small spade,we looked and looked but could not find it.Since then I have been back several times,but no luck. So I decided to get a few min.searching the same site before the Super Bowl Sun.morning. I decided to take my sons black lab with me to let her run. while I was detecting and digging with another shovel the dog walks up to me and lays my lost spade at my feet.How can this dog know it was my spade,when I was not using it when it was lost,and it has been in the elements for over 45 days?:icon_sunny:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Teach that hound to find gold!

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
I have a black lab/setter mix. He may be the best dog I've ever had. Loves, kids,people and doughnuts! Stawart guard and sounds 10 feet tall when needed! FYI some dogs have the most amazing nose. Hard to believe huh? Your dog prob could have been an A-1 drug or bomb dog.

Cachefinder

Dec 22, 2008
ARIZONA
Detector(s) used
lucky horseshoe
jrwill

The reason your dog found that spade is because you touched it at one time or another.
When you where out in that location your dog got your scent off of it and picked it up,
maybe bringing it over to you like a game of toss would consist.
Dogs noses are up to 100x better than ours and they never forget smells.

Or your dog just found something random and brought it over to you ::)
either way its a good doggy!!

Cachefinder-

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Yip i agree with the scent still on the spade. Remarkable that it happened tho. Good doggie, hope you gave him a good massage for his troubles and a big old bone.

sasnz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread