Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What "SNOW" again

It just now fair. I have been working 12 hours days all week long and last night I worked 15 1/2 hours. I got home at 3 in the morning and went to bed. I got up at 8 a.m. and got dress to go out for a day of detecting. I looked out the door and it is SNOWING again. We have over a 1 inch on the ground and more coming down. Man how I hate the snow. Only hope is that it will stop snowing and maybe then I can get out....Matt

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
Re: What "SNOW" again

Same here but ground frozen solid............ >:(

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

It hit the ground last night and froze those streets into icy terror instantly. Had a lot of fun around midnight spinning around on the way out to lunch. One van slid into my lane from the other side but I dodged him.

Lots of twisting and turning tire tracks in the fresh fall, few were straight.

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good old northwest Ohio, if you don't like the weather just stick around 5 minutes it will change.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Snow & Ice Finally melted here

so Yes it's white here tonight again

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X

999slvrfx said:
Good old northwest Ohio, if you don't like the weather just stick around 5 minutes it will change.
Come on up and try Michigan sometime. We got 4 new inches of snow Friday night, and it back to normal temps (cold). Oh well, I did get out in the yard on Tuesday when we had out January (oops, February) thaw.
This too will pass :wink:
Dan

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro

I'm with Oneeye on this one! C'mon up to Northern Michigan and check out the 24" of frozen ground with snow and ice covering it up.
My wife and daughter say I've become "wild eyed" and keep muttering things about "killing off Old Man Winter" and never wanting to see snow, or a thermomete that reads below 32 ever again.............
Yeah, I'm pretty tired of this white crap! Come on spring!

Good Luck,
mark

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea I'm hoping to get out and start MDing by late April, early May. I'm going to invest in a good detector and hope it's lucrative enough to buy a place south in like Florida. Yup retirement down south for about 5 months out of the year would be sweet.

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008

Let me ask y'all a question...Which would you rather have, snow or rain? Most will go with rain because there is the possibility that it will stop, dry out and get nice, right? Where I grew up in Syracuse, NY, when I was a kid it seemed like we had two seasons, snowy or rainy...that's why I live in Texas now, at least here the seasons are a bit more defined...

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

oldgoat said:
Let me ask y'all a question...Which would you rather have, snow or rain? Most will go with rain because there is the possibility that it will stop, dry out and get nice, right? Where I grew up in Syracuse, NY, when I was a kid it seemed like we had two seasons, snowy or rainy...that's why I live in Texas now, at least here the seasons are a bit more defined...
It's not that I don't like snow for me, it's how long the winter is up here. It gets cold in Northern NY around the 2nd or 3rd week of October...it usually snows the week of halloween. And I've seen huge snowstorms right up until the end of March. Couple that with plenty of sub-zero days in January and February and people are ready to bug out after 5 -6 months, Lake Placid is only 45 minutes away from me I guess that's why they can hold the olympics. I've come to really enjoy snowshoeing as a means of getting out of the house and getting great exercise so I'd take the snow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread