OP
OP
JakefaePa

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Sure do , if im wrong ..which i hope i am..where did i go wrong ?

M=1000 , D=500 ,C=100 , so yep that takes us up to 1700 but there should not be a I before the X ?

Attachments

• 9a58_1.jpg
    9a58_1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 276
OP
OP
JakefaePa

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Thats what i figured , it isnt a date at all , the I should not be there.

So.....obvious next question , do you reckon it a mistake or a fake ?

OP
OP
JakefaePa

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Its a strange one , no matter how we slice it the VI at the end can only ever be read as 6.
The twin X's are 10's so a I before the first X makes no sense.

I found this info , interesting to use as a date for the medal.
Although the Seal's major elements have kept their relative positions for more than 200 years, there have been a number of lesser changes. The staff that Liberty now holds with her right hand she once held in the crook of her left arm. While the female figures now face straight ahead, they at one time looked away from the shield. The cornucopia that Ceres now holds upright was once inverted, its open end upon the ground. The Seal was redesigned in accordance with Joint Resolution 8 of the Laws of 1928.

Interesting ...Beagle..this flies in the face of everything i ever knew about roman numbers

MDCCIXXVI
is

I dont know how but it does say its 1725 , the VI is definately a 6 ..it isnt making sense.

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
doesn't an I before an X mean 9?

I The numeral one. II is two, III is three. You seldom see IIII as 4, since IV can also mean 4, plus its shorter to write.
V The numeral 5. IV is 4, VI is 6, VII is 7, VIII is 8.
X The numeral 10. IX is 9, XI is 11, etc.
L The numeral 50. XL would be 40.
C The numeral 100. Think of Century having a hundred years. C is short for the Latin word Centum, but that's not very easy to remember.
D The numeral 500.
M The numeral 1000.

OP
OP
JakefaePa

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Here is a coin i found , it has the same thing , MDCCIXXVI ..yet it doesnt make sense as a date.

I think NJ made a typo back in the day and it stuck ?...........oops it doesnt have the same thing , it has an L like Mcgearhead suggested it should be , maybe its just a trick of the light with the medal , i wasnt sure if i wanted to buy it , seems its a lighting thing ?

Attachments

• state-seal.gif
    state-seal.gif
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,155

HMS Beagle

Jan 28, 2007
wny
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 :: Tesoro Compadre :: Equinox 800
Yes, the reason it came back as not valid, the other converters drop the middle I...the I changed to an L makes it correct.
Do you have a macro pic of that area? Its either a typo or we just can't see the bottom part of the L...??
Beagle

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Yours looks like an L as opposed to an I, that would make perfect sense being then 1776.

Either way it's a really cool find!!!

OP
OP
JakefaePa

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Yep , thanks everybody , not only did you crack the date thing i know what it is now too , interesting its on ebay for 50 bucks , this one is on auction for 10 dollars and i doubt it will sell ..not now ;D thanks everybody

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You see, "MDCCLXXVI" is found on a number of different iteams. Fx "Mdcclxxvi" is found on the 1 dollar Bill, and im gonna Try to show what my point is. MDCCLXXVI - 1776, the date illuminati formed, mDCcLXxVI = 666.
And if i make a space "m DC c LX x VI" or "DC LX VI" is the roman numbers DC = 600, LX = 60, VI = 6, In total = 666

So it os the number of illuminati or satan.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread