Help with permission slip wording...

JHinPA

Jan 25, 2008
SouthEastern PA
Detector(s) used
Whites DI6000/Pro & Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all - I am looking for some input for examples of the correct wording to use when putting together a written permission document, along with how to word a waiver. I want to have one ready in case I would need it, and you only get one shot at making a good impression! Is there a site I can go to for help, or can someone give me a tip that has worked for them? :icon_study: I would be ever-so-grateful. Thanks in advance! JHinPA

handy

Mar 11, 2008
nw pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 11
Hi may i please get hurt on your ............ Oh you wanted help lol :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
J H, I believe you will make a better first impression by approaching the property owner in person and explaining your hobby, how you do it and verbally asking for permission. If you get the O.K., many times there is no mention of a liability waiver and if there is, then you can provide a generic one or you can compile on specifically for that situation. I am not a fan of permission slips or asking the property owner to sign anything. Most of us are much better salespersons in person. I just posted a sample of a liability waiver that I recently used when asked for one. That may be of some help to you. Hope so. HH

FL Junkman

OP
OP
JHinPA

JHinPA

Jan 25, 2008
SouthEastern PA
Detector(s) used
Whites DI6000/Pro & Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. FL Junkman -
This has worked for me countless times. I have been relic hunting for 10+ years. But now I see a lot of old, abandoned properties up for sale and I've tried going to the realtors office, only to be turned away due to the liability issues. Some of these old proerties here in Southeastern PA look very promising, and I know that eventually they will be torn down to make way for housing developements or condos. And stepping foot on these proerties w/o permission isn't an option in my book. Thanks for your help with the sample. JHinPA

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for Condition
it Lives in my Wallet ;

But Here is one we had to draft up last year
at the request of the property owner.