New forum suggestion

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't have a drywasher or anything. We were visiting friends in the desert last fall and there is a very deep wash behind their house. We didn't have a detector with us, and it was getting dark. But we hurried and filled two 5-gallon buckets with root, rock and sand to take home to play with. Found what appears to be small garnets. After panning about half the dirt, we got too busy. I was going to dump the second bucket but decided to swing a metal detector over it first. Bing! :o Saving it to play with on a rainy day!

I would love to see a forum on dry washing.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe after dry washing you still have to either pan the concentrates or use a blue bowl or spiral wheel.

Also I understand dry washing is not as efficient as using a sluice box.

Goodyguy~

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Dry washing is not as effective as a sluice but if there is no water it is not an option to use a sluice so probably more effective there. lol Yes, once you get done with a sluice or drywasher you would want to pan the concentrates....unless, of course, you were finding so many huge nuggets you didn't care about the small stuff. :wink: As with any piece of prospecting equipment you will find some models work more efficiently for you than others depending on conditions where you are and your experience with the equipment. I do not know a lot of folks that use drywashers but I am sure there are some and we could benefit from their knowledge if they had an area to share it. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread