Lead Research Help

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what I have...in an old local newspaper article dated early 1900's(I am going to be as vague as possible) there is a story of men diiging on a farm for gold there ancestor had buried there. There is no follow up, and no other realted stories of gold/treasure /cache or anything. This was one of those local presses that had articles(mentionings) of families visiting eachother, and farmers livestock deaths etc. so if it was found it would be followed up. I can find nothing to show it has beed found or searched for since. the article includes a name of the farm owner at the time and a vague location(county, and near this town). I have tried census records and geneology searches but come up empty on the farm owner. Can anyone help direct me to a site or reference that might help find the farmer(he would be dead so am looking for records on him) so I can locate the farm and continue the research.

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
You need to look at an early plat map. Check with a local Historical society or library to see if they have one. You allready have the name and area so it should be easy to find the property with an old plat book. Good luck!

Wolverine.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An online resource for geneology is Cindi's List...it has a huge archive and links to a lot of other useful sites.

Other than that....try what Mich.Wolverine said.

Al

K

Kentucky Kache

You'll probably find him in that county's history. Talk to a local librarian.

Old court records in that county.

Maybe even some old timers who knew someone who knew him.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Cache Crazy said:
You'll probably find him in that county's history. Talk to a local librarian.

Old court records in that county.

Maybe even some old timers who knew someone who knew him.

I agree completely... county courthouse land records track every parcel of land, every owner, and every sale. At least it does here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread