Never Be Afraid To Ask

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Had to get outside today as being cooped up is driving me nuts even though I still feel pretty yucky still

Driving along seen where some paths had been cleared in an area heavly wooded, large overgrown flower bushes and large trees
So whipped around and parked by a truck, walked in and up to the 2 guys doing the work. Asked them if a housing area was being put in which they said no.

Told the guy standing there who I was :wink: and that I like to metal detect and if it would be ok if I swung along their paths they had made. I would stay out of thier way and come back after they were finished. The one guy said I needed to ask the operator of the mini escavator being used to clear with as he was the foreman.

So I did and he said he didn't care go right ahead, then he says the lady that lived in the house next door a bit down road said her uncle lived on this place in the early 20s. Right at our feet was a old very rusty 1957 car tag :) I thanked them and walked along the paths just looking. Sure enough I find the fallin in remains of an old house that wasn't much more than a 30 by 30 room.

I recently got a SE and been playing with it trying to learn it. Since I had it so I pulled it out and I have to admit it was a bit frustrating being in there with it. I have more to learn with it for sure. It was beeping tones like crazy from all the trash etc around the place. Even iron masking didn't help much. Only swung about 30 minutes or so before I got tired :( so I left till later today

Glad I asked :)

as it was

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
well went back today and found

4 memorials and a bell :thumbsup:

1960 61, 66 and 60

got to be silver somewhere there so I'll keep a looking

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
You are so right, those fresh cuts are my favorite spots to hunt and I've detected in front of the tamper and behinid the blade when that was the only option. As long as the working guys don't mind, I dig.

As to your detector, have you practiced with it at home enough? I've seen them SE's used to great effect by folks with little experience, once they get clued in on how to set it up by the pro's.

Have fun!

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Lowbatts said:
You are so right, those fresh cuts are my favorite spots to hunt and I've detected in front of the tamper and behinid the blade when that was the only option. As long as the working guys don't mind, I dig.

As to your detector, have you practiced with it at home enough? I've seen them SE's used to great effect by folks with little experience, once they get clued in on how to set it up by the pro's.

Have fun!

yeah I watched a ton of videos and read a bunch

not like my DFX at all but today after a hour or so playing with it I was getting pretty good at the tones and telling what is was under coil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread