All Treasure Hunting

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Life is short. Go for it.

If it does not work out, you can always come back to your starting point or find a new road and a new adventure to persue.

Go for it.

Ray S

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
You know that you WANT to do it so what's the big deal . Looking for validation from a bunch of folks you don't know doesn't feed the bull dog . If you REALLY were worried you would have been more specific as to area etc. . I did that but I waited for retirement . I retired to AZ where prospecting can be an everyday thing , we have a 365 day coyote hunting season and the gun laws are almost ..... none . What did my wife want ? I'll ask her ..... someday .

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you follow your dream I wish you luck. I regret that I did not 3 years ago. I wanted to move out west. My little girl and I also have asma so I wanted to go west where it would be better for us to breath and I could get out and prospect some for gold. But my wife did not want to leave the other kids and grandkids behind. So we did not go. So now I guess I will have to wait until I retirer so I can get out of this rat race that we live in. So my friend if you can afford to back up and move I say follow and be happy....Matt

acehunter

Feb 2, 2009
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, gold scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three words-Go For It. Best of luck. Be Happy Don't worry.

OP
OP
Newfiehunter

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all your imput guys...and I considered all of my options with this decision....and when I finally make my decision...I will let you know...thanks a million!!!

Newfiehunter

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I see it, as long as you can make a living and still go detecting, go for it! I am assuming you need to work and are not financially independent. Best of luck and go for it!

Ed D. AKA Half A Newfie.

atwozee

Mar 6, 2009
Hey Newfie Hunter............You must relise you have the answers in your own post! Here they are, from you:
1. Nothing holding me back.
2. Always been my dream.
3. Live only once.
4. Think I will find true contentment.

You might not be a Mel Fisher.............but if he didn't have dreams he wouldn't have been Mel Fisher...................atwozee

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-MAX
GO for it! you only live once and way too many people want to see what's behind the curtain before they take the leap of faith. Dream are why we wake up every morning. They make life what it is. Way too many people never even realize that they have a dream let alone acutally take steps towards the dream.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH,

Dave

P.S when you get there please send a truack back for me!!!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
can you live where you want to move to comfertibly housing sell there / buy here swap wize? -- do you have a decent job lined up / or income to get by on there? --- if so and nothing---like a girlfreind / wife & kids /family wize is holding you back ---then by all means do it -- since you do not know if your going to wake up tomorrow--however that doesn't mean not to plan for your long term well being but you can't be a total slave to well I ;m saving it all up for later either -- no one on their death bed ever said --- gasp if only I spent more time at the office working instead of being with loved ones or doing what I liked--- the dream of big money's only real purpose --- is to allow us tturn all the " time" we have left in our lives into "free time" to honestly do as we wish without worrying about having the day to day headache of having to "make a living" and having to worrying about "making" the money for paying for the roof over the head or where the next meals coming from ****

buying "free time" to be able to do as you please without having to worry is the only real purpose money actually serves.. :wink:

you trade "money" for free time --- ever heard it said "time is money " ?--- it also means "money is "free time"

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
If you do not pursue your dreams in life...What do you do? I feel for those who don't! Risks in life are the necessary evil we have to defeat in order to achieve greater quality of life! Would I follow my dream? Yes...I did! Do it! Go for it! :wink:

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
dont forget batteries...................

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
When you get old,you regret the dreams you didnt chase....dont have regrets,just fantastic memories....Dont go your life wondering what could have been...... go for it.....You could buy a motor home and travel to the places you want to see...or truck and camper....put your savings in bank and go see the world, if it doesnt work out in one area ,move forward to the next....until you find the perfect place that you could live forever.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI GYPSY, my unfulfilled luv: You posted -->

When you get old,you regret the dreams you didnt chase
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does that include not sailing off with me to my hidden south sea Island ????? sniffff

Don Jose de La Mancha

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I'm late. You've already made your decision, hoss, and you really don't need our approval. I'll tell you get 'er done, and when you got 'er did, let us know how it's going. It'll be great.

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was young, I embraced new adventures although they scared the hell out of me -- and never regretted it. They provided my most treasured memories. Now logic, habit and complacency have mostly replaced my wanderlust. Do the things you want while you still want to.

I have a favorite saying, "Plan as though you will live forever, but live as though you will die tomorrow." Good luck!!

scrubber

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been trying to come up with a good signature line. I guess I've found it:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't, you'll be tormented the rest of your life.

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am 62 old crippled and told not to dive again or I might not surive, after careful thought and consideration I decided in 2 weeks me and my sailboat are off treasure hunting , I PRAYED ON IT

DREAMS ARE THE STEPPING STONES TO THE THRESHOLD OF REALITY

GOD Bless You, Harvest

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are going to dream then make sure your dream is big enough to sustain you through the challenges you will encounter. If so then it's a no brainer. Welcome to the club of doers who take a chance on living a fulfilling life filled with excitement and adventure. :thumbsup:

If not then go back to sleep with the rest of the sheep who have no dreams or purpose other than to exist and live out a meaningless unfulfilled existence. :-\

You may never have this chance again. Once you get caught up in the drama of everyday life the dreams seem to get dimmer and further away until they are nothing but forlorn memories. The world is full of those who for whatever reason took the safe boring route and can only look back on a safe boring life......Is that what you want?..... You are young and that is the best time to follow your dream while you still have the opportunity to do so.

It's time to do some soul searching grasshopper....are you up for the challenge? Or are you going to let fear of the unknown stand in the way of the satisfaction that comes from knowing you have what it takes to take the road less traveled and follow your dream wherever it leads.

I say. Do not follow your dream......chase it....chase it to the ends of the Earth and never look back! :icon_sunny:

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread