OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Im going to hit Lowes in the morning after I drop my daughter off at school, then on to a nearby park. I have been hitting lots of pulltabs, so a ring or actual silver should be in my future. I just want to be able to make neater plugs that can be tamped back in better.

bushlight

Aug 24, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Ace 250 hanging on the wall,Whites mxt,garrett at pro that the girlfriend uses now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a lesche i have dug in hard packed gravel with mine. No problems to speek of other than gravel is hard to dig in.

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
check out harbor freight, they have a dandy hunting knife, i think it was on sale when i bought mine, something like 7.99. tough little sucker, stainless steel, with a sheath.

OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I got the TrueTemper one from Lowes...and I will probably also use it for its intended purpose of gardening as well> It is plenty sturdy for my use. Hell, worse come to worst I can always get an Army E-tool.

Johnny Hall

May 15, 2015
North Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
im all about entry level gear that works fine and saves me money i not have in first place (thanks ex wives and judge happy) - the blue handled true temper garden digger is plenty good enough

i sharpen mine (on a grizzly wet wheel machine) and in a pinch i can surely defend myself with it also cause it will shave. and i have big hands and it even feels nice and study too. i do need to practice more of course but it cuts pretty clean hole

HH

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love responding to revived threads.
All one has to do is purchase a Lesche. Sure, they're a bit more expensive initially, but you'll only need one, ever...
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread