Post your treasure chest

R

robbuckalew

There are so many THers here I would like to see a photo of what you store your finds in.
They don't have to be open but I don't mind if you want to show your precious finds either.

Here are mine one for coins and jewelry & one for rocks & gems

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish ;D

Attachments

• my safe.jpg
    my safe.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 533

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seamuss said:
Goodyguy said:
This location is guarded real well. I was stationed at Fort Knox in sixtysix and heard the PA system announce to a vehicle to back off or get shoot. Not the vehicle that I was in(another one).

We can all wish for a gold Christmas.

I don't know if they still do it, But when I was a Cub Scout we took a tour of the Gold Vault ( we did not get to see downstairs though) and we toured the Patton Museum as well, and even got to ride in a troop carrier tank. I will never forget that trip and that was about 50 years ago. I still live within forty miles of the vault.

GG~

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
Nice lookin stash box ya got there! Here is mine! It was a sewing kit at one time, now I am filling it with treasure! Thanks for asking to see it! :D I take my clad that I dug up and I trade it for 1 Oz. silver rounds or silver dollars. Everything else you see was actually dug up with my DFX since I bought it in September! I just started lining the box with jewelers foam to show off the finds and hold the rings! The silver dollars and silver rounds you see pictured were purchased with clad that I found! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• collection cropped1.JPG
    collection cropped1.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 468
  • IMGP2519.JPG
    IMGP2519.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 460
  • IMGP2520.JPG
    IMGP2520.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 454
  • IMGP2522.JPG
    IMGP2522.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 429
  • IMGP2522.JPG
    IMGP2522.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 446
  • IMGP2520.JPG
    IMGP2520.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 440
  • IMGP2519.JPG
    IMGP2519.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 453
  • collection cropped1.JPG
    collection cropped1.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 464

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metalhead,

That is a great looking collection and I think the sewing chest was a good idea as well.
Do you have a front view of the chest in the closed position?

GG~

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Hello Goodguy, Thanks for the compliment. I will get that picture for you...It really does work out good because you just fold the whole thing up and put it away. When you want to show it off you just fold it open and it's all there! 8) I bought it for $8.00 at an estate sale....It took me an hour to get all of the sewing junk out of it! HAHA! I'm lining it with jewelers foam made for ring trays and that's working out really nice! Thanks for your interest and good luck to you! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMGP2534.JPG
    IMGP2534.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 422
  • IMGP2533.JPG
    IMGP2533.JPG
    258.2 KB · Views: 423

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Yes..... I Like it!
I will definitely be on the lookout for oneof those. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the pic.

GG~

edflower

Nov 18, 2008
Colombia
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Although not spread out for display, here are the contents from my vault removed for annual inventory. The bank pouches mostly contain gem rough, i.e. uncut tourmalines, emeralds, etc., as well as various antiquities accumulated over the years.

EF

Attachments

• Windows Photo Gallery Wallpaper.jpg
    Windows Photo Gallery Wallpaper.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 365

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
I don't have pictures. My stuff inevitably always ends up at my parents house. They find such interest in whatever the cat drags home, that I leave it there for them to enjoy. Of course the guests who stay in the guest room must wonder where all these weird and unsual objects come from. Some are relics, some 1715 fleet items, Indian relics...Some finds I throw back, and the dumbest thing I did was leave some rocks from my friends gold mine property in another relatives yard. They were "glistening" gold mixed in with yellow clay mud. (Of course I am cheating there, as I did not find those, she gave them to me)

One of my worse digs was digging in an old 1800's horse and buggy shed (after the meth equipment was tossed aside). Nothing like getting a strong signal to dig through a foot of old horse manure and mud to find a hand smithed iron hitch for the front of a buggy. But what else did I expect to find in a horse and buggy shed :-\

My favorite find...a piece of worked mud hardened to stone with Indian finger indentions formed in it. That was a real personal piece. To see some form of "life" at work and still evident from an earlier people. That was neat.

My best finds have always been "without" using the metal detector. Somehow I really got tired of diggin up old baling wire.

Now I am back down where I can hunt the treasure coast...No more horse and cow manure to tredge through, no more farmers beer cans and pieces of broken tractor equipment...(just lots of flotsam) :(

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bin.

Attachments

• money-bin-.jpg
    money-bin-.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 318

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• # 1 Dime.jpg
    # 1 Dime.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 249

tabdog

Aug 16, 2008
Bryant Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre, Vaquero, Silver Sabre uMax and 2 Compadres
Re: You would ask that

this is so embarrasing.

I'm just a Arkie mess.

5-7-2.jpg

5-7-8.jpg

5-7-6.jpg

5-7-5.jpg

5-7-4.jpg

5-7-1.jpg

5-7-7.jpg

5-7-3.jpg

There's more spread out around here.

But that L have ta do.

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Ha. Plehbah...I don't even really bother to try to find old coins in this concrete jungle I'm in! There are some here and there, but very scarce! I strictly hunt for jewelery, and I pick up coins if they are there, But here in St. Petersburg they are extremely elusive! I'm a beach bling bling hunter...there are no to none old coins on the beaches here! Hence very few silver coins! :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread