Did anyone out there know A.C. VanFossen (Van) from Houston?

haybudden2

Apr 2, 2009
gulf coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-x, CZ-7, CZ-20, F-5

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Is he the guy who published a newsletter called Research & Recovery? I used to have a
few issues before my stuff was destroyed by flood. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
haybudden2

haybudden2

Apr 2, 2009
gulf coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-x, CZ-7, CZ-20, F-5
Thanks for the reply, I'll look for the newsletter.
Van was a Fisher Dealer also.
He had several buildings filled with "stuff" he and his wife had found.
A lot of very remarkable things. I think he spent most of his time
researching along the gulf coast and Norhtern Mexico. Was quite
the Poncho Villa expert, He was hired by Villa last wife to help her
recover some of Poncho's loot. It seems he didn't give it all to the
poor.
Thanks again for the lead.

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.........I MISS VAN......HE WAS REALLY A GOOD OLE BOY......Went hunting with him many times......I would pop into his office.......and say lets go hunting....he would hang out his "Gone Hunting" sign and off we would go.........Got us permission many times right in the middle of some of the busy Houston suburbs.......Bought many detectors from him and went to many of the Houston clubs organized hunts that was at his property towards Juliff or someplace like that! Also traveled with him to some of the organized hunts around the State like the one in Austin and the one in Dallas!!.....He had a very large collection of artifacts that he had dug from all over the country..........one of the last times that I saw him ....he had a booth/table at the Houston Gun Show when it was still held in the old Astrohall.......I think that he sold his business property on OST around 2005??......I heard that he set up another shop on his property in the Juliff area.....meant to go see him again at his new Detector shop.......but he died before I could .......VAN WAS A REAL CHARACTER AND HE IS SORELY MISSED.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread