Wild Turkeys Will Attack!!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Cool story Jerry, I got these pics in an email a while back of a mother squirrel rescuing her baby from a dog. It reminded me of the old saying "It's not the size of the dog in the fight...It's the size of the fight in the dog" or squirrel in this case. A mother protecting her baby is a strong instinct in any animal. I am glad you and the turkey came to terms before your detector got bent over her head, LOL.

HH Charlie

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 227
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 234
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 230
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 223

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
squirrels look cute and fuzzy and helpless -- but remember --they got 4 legs with claws that can go into a oak trees bark --and can crack nuts in two with those teeth --and they are fast as lightening when need be as well. :tard: --old squirell hunters motto never grab up a "near dead squirrell" by its tail

OP
OP
Ohio Jerry

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Old Dog said:
Ohio Jerry said:
MD Dog said:
Really your not that special. I've heard of allot of guys who are Hen pecked while MDing. ;D :wink:
I'm not hen pecked,my wife says so ;D

So what you are saying is you wear the pants...
and have her permission to say so.

LOL
we all like to pretend to be boss once in a while eh? :wink:

OP
OP
Ohio Jerry

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
savant365 said:
Cool story Jerry, I got these pics in an email a while back of a mother squirrel rescuing her baby from a dog. It reminded me of the old saying "It's not the size of the dog in the fight...It's the size of the fight in the dog" or squirrel in this case. A mother protecting her baby is a strong instinct in any animal. I am glad you and the turkey came to terms before your detector got bent over her head, LOL.

HH Charlie

Thanks for those pics Charlie,that squirrel was havin no parts of letting that dog hurt her baby! I was riding a motorcycle through Yellowstone years ago and came up on 3 or 4 cars along the side of the road.So i parked my bike and walked up with my camera, putting a car between me and the mother bear with her cub,not thinking much about it until a park ranger came along and gave me $hit along with the other people that were out of their cars getting pictures.
You can see the back of my bike in the lower left corner

bear1.jpg

I had a car hood between me and this bear but looking at it now i'm thinking i was pushing my luck!!

bear2.jpg

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
WOW, you got away with one there...nice pics of the bear though. You can't see any baby rabbits in this video but protecting her young is the only thing I can think of that would make this rabbit attack this snake like this. Wild animals are simply amazing sometimes.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
towards the end I saw 2 baby bunnys fleeing over the waterhose by the bottom of the screen

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
we all like to pretend to be boss once in a while eh? :wink:

"I gotta let her have her way or she won't let me be boss"

Diggem'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread