Church Lot

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, for the first time, I asked permission to MD private property. It's a small vacant lot adjoining a new church. It's only a half-block from my house. I saw them tear down the small house when they built the church 2 years ago. The house has been there for at least the 28 years I've lived here.

churchlot2.jpg

Each time I've walked by the lot I've thought "I gotta detect that place." The weeds are growing fast so I figured it's now or never. So I introduced myself and offered to put anything I find of value in the collection plate. I'll probably get my best find of the year but that's ok. My curiosity will be satisfied, and for the first time I'll be able to dig those deep signals.

I'm really looking forward to this! Tomorrow's supposed to be a beautiful day.  :icon_sunny:

scrubber

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic! Let us know how you make out. As for the collection plate, don't fret it. Just take your camera along. You can still get a banner spot even if you donate your finds to a church. :wink:

OP
OP
scrubber

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
That is very nice of you. If there is anything the church needs, it is filthy lucre.

I don't know if you ment that as a sarcastic comment :icon_scratch: but I have planned to replace any really bad coins with better ones and to clean my finds before handing them over. I wouldn't give them a bunch of junk.

scrubber

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread