Whites TDI is it worth it ???????????????????

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

BGB

Jun 17, 2008
Los Angeles CA, Prescott AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6
I have a friend who has one . I went on a couple hunts with him since he got it and it works pretty good, he found more than I did both times.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Harvest, I'm trying to read between the lines, to determine what kind of hunting you're doing. Ie.: what your goal is. You mention that you're currently using a 2-box unit, right? Then I assume you're hunting for larger objects (not little things like individual coins, etc....) right? If so, then you don't want the TDI. Yes it's smaller and more compact than a 2-box unit, but instead of passing up anything smaller than a soda can sized object (which your 2-box unit is adept at), it will squeal over anything and everything. Sure, you can perhaps tell high vs low, and iron of certain sizes, etc.... But it will still give signals on even the tiniest things. If you think you can just simply use your ears and pass the smaller flitty stuff, get ready for a major head-ache, especially in junky areas. You'll spend all your time trying to discern big verses little, especially where multiple small items are side by side, verses a single larger item deeper. This is where, if large items are your only goal, then stick with the 2-box.

Yes the TDI will find large items, but it was not designed for that specifically, as the 2-box was. It excells in teensy stuff, so factor that in.

If you're hunting the wet salt beach for coins/jewelry, then it will be effective. But I assume this is not your goal, since a 2-box would be useless for this purpose, and that is what you were using.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi ,Tom in Ca
Great reply! , you saved me a lot of typing
Extractor

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harvest what two box detector do you use I use a garret cx plus found some really big stuff so far the deepest is four feet deep. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread