Got my first metal detector today! im pumped!

eddie1278

Greenie
May 4, 2008
Just receieved my Ace250 about an hour ago via FedEx. Even the delivery guy was like wow thats cool asking me all these questions about it :headbang: Im in Bucks County PA its raining like hell right now but tommorow its supposed to be nice out :hello2: Im in my bedroom testing it out putting coins on the floor and pieces of tinfoil messing around with the modes :laughing9:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with the Ace! Nice choice for your first detector.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
from one newbie to another have fun an dont get to discouraged cause you will at times just dig what comes an have fun :icon_thumright:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on your choice of detectors. I had only hear good things about the ACE will be looking for you posts on your finds....Matt

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked a good machine. I got my Ace 250 last summer and it just about paid for itself. Takes some time to get use to it, but it is sure a fun machine. Keep us posted Shane

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
APPLAUSE

Congrats, and welcome.

Your going to walk out your door and turn on the machine. The coil goes to the soil and it will beep.

What was the very first thing you dug up? No matter what it was, it has to be the first thing!

Lets see a photo of it.

koolmac68

Greenie
May 25, 2009
south jersey
Detector(s) used
whites DFX 300
:hello2: I just got mine in the mail today too. A whites Dfx 300. Paid a little more for it but I needed a hobby that will get my lazy butt out of the house. Happy hunting.

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Alot of the time the nickel signals will be foil, you might be tempted to stop digging them but don't.
I didn't start finding RINGS until started digging all the signals at and around the NICKEL mark.
There is a interesting video on You Tube that shows how to pinpoint using a method the guy calls DETUNING.
The detuning method lets you pinpoint to a much smaller area so you are not digging such big holes.
It takes a little practice but it works, instead of digging big holes now I cut a small three sided flap in the grass
and fold it back, it seems to be a lot easier on the grass and its neater then just digging a hole.
This spring I bought the Garrett Pro-Pointer and it works great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread