what do you guys think?

lsbaxter24

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2009
i am about five minutes away from a site that iv been thinking about for awhile..but i would like you guys to hear about it and tell me if you think the same way...this is a lookout tower that has been around since 1905..its in a public park and the place that im thinking about checking out is down in the woods under the tower..it sits on the edge of a cliff and i was thinking that over the years people would go to the top of this tower and look out across the lake and at the green mountains in back of them..do you think that anyone might have tossed a few coins over the edge like a wishing well? over the years? im going to check it out tomorrow but i dont know if you guys might have better ideas on this sight..there are a lot of great people on this site and iv been reading as many posts as i can and you guys seem very willing to offer advice on just about anything..the name of the tower is eathan allen lookout tower..in burlington vermont you can get a good look at it on google earth.

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this is it in this picture it looks like a great place to detect. Just the mass amount of tourists and history buffs that have visited over the years. Do you know when it was built?? Rich.

Attachments

• ethantow.jpg
    ethantow.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 209

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say go for it. I sure some people had thrown coins over the side wishing for good luck. Never hurt to try and you will never know until you try. Good luck...Matt

OP
OP
L

lsbaxter24

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2009
well....i did find out that people throw a lot of bottles over the edge...found a lot of trash but no coins..its really rockey under the tower almost to the point that you slip down the hill is spots and hard to dig at all i should have had a small hand held rake might have worked better.. i did find out that this was a hot spot in the twentys with a skateing rink and trolley cars comeing from town to take people to picnic in the park.. i will go back sometime this week and try again some evening..im new at this and a dont have but an intry level metal detector...got a lot of strange looks too lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread