Bad test strips for type one and type two diabetes.

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
i have some trouble with bad readings and such other things... Here are to tips to make sure a bad reading doesn't happen to you...

#1, do not what ever you do shake the test strip bottle or bottles. It will bind the coding system.
#2, If test strips get wet from any thing that is wet,lol. do not use, ECT do not put in medar it could rune it.
#3, After washing your hands or swimming make sure your hand are 100% dry, like i said if strips get wet they wont work.
#4, If you have a blood reading over 400 you should either test again or get a new bottle of strips.
#5, If your blood glucose or blood sugar has been ruining in the 300s for more than 5 hours, you should get new battries for the tester, new strips, new site " if taking shots" or new insulin.
#6, Like myself this morning i was at 295, bloused for my food, hour later at 400, boy I'm not feeling that sick. I changed my sight, and tested again, 310 well that's easy er than 400.

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Good advice.
Also, keep the insulin in a cool place.
I wouldn't trust the test strips or the insulin if it's been sitting in a hot car.

I would not be too content with a 310 bg level.
You still can have physiological problems - should be at LEAST
under 200. If you are running over 200 on a regular basis,
the doctor might want to adjust your sliding scale dosages.

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
Its up and down for me, guess what i m getting a new pump tomarrow. i don't have to have a midair well i do but i don't have to take my pump out to put my number in to bolus. And whats really cool is that i can swim and take showers with it. 100% water proof. Just a question what do i attach it to in the shower?

UncleVinnys said:
Good advice.
Also, keep the insulin in a cool place.
I wouldn't trust the test strips or the insulin if it's been sitting in a hot car.

I would not be too content with a 310 bg level.
You still can have physiological problems - should be at LEAST
under 200. If you are running over 200 on a regular basis,
the doctor might want to adjust your sliding scale dosages.

Ty

Oct 12, 2004
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's IDX, Custom Water Detector, White's Coinmaster, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the "bad test strips" aren't the fault of the user. I get letters from Abbot (FreeStyle) from time to time that indicate certain Lot numbers are defective.

If you happen to be unlucky enough to find that Lot number in your supply, Abbot will replace them immeidately. For current price of $1.25 per strip, it seems to me they need better quality control.

Ty

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Attach it to yer bird :laughing9: I be type 2 diabetic, non insulin user. 2.5mg's. Glyburide once a day and 500mg's. Glucophage 2 times a day, readings avg. 140 to 180, but I get low sugar shakes starting at 120...........NGE

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
How " Big" is he? some really " Big" people don't process the insulin.

Ankh said:
My neighbor tested,,came up 356.Did an injection.Two hours later he was found out in the back yard.He collapsed while hanging laundry.Now he does 2 tests,one with one tester and one with another.Test strips are cheaper than ambulance trips to the emergency room..

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use Medisense "Optium" meter and strips and never have the problems you mention. Each strip is individually wrapped tightly in foil. As to readings over 200, I shudder at the thought. I shoot for 160 or less around 2 hours after a meal - try to average 130 and usually run between 90 and 120 fasting, first thing in the morning before eating. Once in the while I misjudge an insuling dose or how I eat, but most of the time i stay close to what I've mentioned. Another cause of high readings is if the finger you take the sample from has handled something sugary without being cleaned.
HH
BB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread