How can I tell if my ace 250 coil is waterproof??

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coil is, as well as the shaft... up to the control box, which definitely is not.

Bran <><

OP
OP
TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks but are you sure this coil/shaft is? I heard there is different ones.. this seems to be the 6X9

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's actually 6.5" x 9"... and yes, the shaft (not the control box) and the coil are both waterproof. It may not do so well in the water though, since the electronics in it weren't designed for water. It's better as a land detector.

Bran <><

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coil and shaft is waterproof, BUT if you use it in the water remember do not lift the coil above the control box, water will run down the inside of the shaft and into your control box, then it is just an expensive paper weight.

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
I have gone out into knee deep fresh water with mine, it works fine. Just be sure not to "set it down" in the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread