PINPOINTERS

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
Which one , my old one is not doing so good time for a new , i have been looking at pro-pinpointer Garrets? but which one is the best for the money, i see garrets as it on sale for 127.00 then shipping . so how you all been doing I have not been on all summer, hope that your all well.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Dang Utah, where ya been? Hope everything is alright. As far as pinpointers go...Garretts is one heck of a tool. I got mine a month or so ago and it is clearly the best I have used. You WILL cut down on your recovery time for sure. I have used several types, Bullseye, Centech, In line probes, etc....Garretts blows them away if you can afford the $$$...Well worth it in my book. Just my 2 cents! Speaking of, I just pinpointed two of them in one yard with Garretts...Good luck and get back to posting some finds man..... ;D jgas

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Garrett's seems to be the best on the market right now, the bullseye is decent, however they have switch problems
I use a sunray on my DFX, but they are kind of spendy
my next one will be a garrett

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
:headbang: Yes Garret it is. been doing some gold mining and mding , sorry cant say much about it having fun panning etc. now its time to hit the books again and lots of coffee :coffee2: :read2: :read2: may be taking photos of were i will be no i have some more money to spend :{)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectorpro Uniprobe....will consistently pinpoint 4-6 inches deep, dead on accurate, and you can run your detector through the pinpointer headphones.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectorpro Uniprobe will detect 4 to 6 inches deep........... As far as the video, not the best video for showing how to recover a target, plug and hole way too wide, with the Detectorprobe you can tell when your directly over the target, you don't need to dig a wide pit to get it.....

aslterp7

Nov 1, 2009
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, automaxx pinpointer, garrett pro pinpointer
So I guess I should sell my garret pro-pointer and get this one?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aslterp7, that is up to you, and how much you use a pinpointer. I am sincerely honest when I say my DP Uniprobe will pinpoint 4-6 inches deep consistently. What the video shows the Pistol probe doing is the same as my Uniprobe. I can pointpont the target using my uniprobe and recover it with out digging a plug most times, I cut a slit in the sod and recover it using my EZ-Dig-R. Most times when i am finished you can not even tell where I was digging.....

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
when I use my pinpointer, I don't want it to go 4-6 inches. that's what my MD is for.
I want to get closer to the target to make it easier to find. if your pinpointer extends 1 inch
that's 2 inches around the tip. it yours detects 4-6 inches that equals a possible 12 inch hole
the choice is up to you, however if you are having to dig 12 inch holes, you will be asked to leave in
all probability and you'll be very tired JMHO

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the Detectorpro, the sensitivity is adjustable, it can be set to be from less then an inch to 4-6 inch max. The signal is off the bottom 3rd of the probe, it is not detecting in a circle. When I locate a target, I switch to the probe, hold probe perpendicular to the ground and run probe across cround, its signal tells me when I am directly over the target, I then use a probe to identify the depth, then cut a slit in sod and use my EX-Dig-R to recover it.

I rarely dig more then a 1-2 inch wide hole depending on the depth of the target. On 90 % of the times when I am finished you can not see where I was digging at all, there are no dirt mounds, since I cut a slit, not a plug, grass just pinches back together, there is never any dead grass from a plugs later on, and it takes very little time to recover target.

I am very honest when I say my holes are rarely if ever wider then 1.5-2 inches in city, or county parks. Now if I am hunting an area where hole doesn't matter like in fields, woods, beaches, or old homes sites that have recently been cleared or marked for demo, then I dont worry about the holes as much.

The combination of the DP Uniprobe and the EZ-Dig-R is amazing......... I have had park employees stand and watch me recover coins, with me just waiting for them to tell me I can't dig there, then when I am finish they look where I was digging, see no sign of a hole and turn and walk away.

ezdigrII.jpg

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Thank you all for your feed back on this, it looks like Treasures_hunter as a great way to to retrieves his finds with out digging a plug, in parks or anywere, that pepole would welcome him even on the best kept grass, a unique way we should all know how to do, keeping every one happy i am impressed, is there any way you can show use make a video
on how to use the tool, I have still not got a new pinpointer as yet .
Thank you all, i just got two books on dfx by Clive James DFX Gold Methods and Dfx for beginner to Advanced , with winter around the corner i need some new books to read.
Good hunting to all and be safe.

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Treasure_Hunter,

I too would like to see a video of your work. It sounds very impressive. I have always dug a plug, shaved off the dirt and scanned the dirt pile with a probe. Remove target, carefully scrape dirt back into hole and replace plug.
Your method sounds much neater, cleaner.
Where can the EZ-Dig-R be found? I'll try googleing.
Thanks,
BW

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will take a video when I can, at the moment I am recovereing from shoulder surgery from this past Tuesday.

Unfortunately it looks like Stanley Young passed away July of 2008 and no one is making the EZ-Dig-R any longer..........

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett !! :icon_thumleft: I like the pro pointer so much I own two of them. :coffee2:

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Treasure_ hunter
hope you get better soon did you swing the md to much put out your shoulder?
look forward to seeing you video

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
utah1066 said:
Treasure_ hunter
hope you get better soon did you swing the md to much put out your shoulder?
look forward to seeing you video

Wasn't due to detecting, problem is too many birthdays in same professional. LOL......I have been installing telecommunication equipment and running telcom cable over head for over 36 years now.....Per doctor, large bone spur in right shoulder caused by over use of shoulder over head.

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harbor Freight sells a nice one for $15.00. It has a bright led light and a sensitivity control.
They call them a nail finder. I know you may be skeptical and so was i but this thing
works as good or better than anything i have ever used. Another tip from my buddy
Weaver that was dead on.

wyobuck

Dec 1, 2009
Orange City, FL
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, Xterra 705, Surf PI DF
Treasure_Hunter said:
Detectorpro Uniprobe will detect 4 to 6 inches deep........... As far as the video, not the best video for showing how to recover a target, plug and hole way too wide, with the Detectorprobe you can tell when your directly over the target, you don't need to dig a wide pit to get it.....

Amen! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions