DirtyMike

Feb 10, 2009
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well now that it has stopped. Up on top of the mountain over looking Harpers Ferry, WV we ended up with 34 inches.

Attachments

• Snowed in 2010 005.jpg
    Snowed in 2010 005.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 191

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is unbeleivable. Most I ever saw was 28 inches xmas day 2003. :notworthy:

Mainer

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Buried Crap NJ said:
Stopped snowing here in NJ about 24 inches. The beaches got beat up pretty bad. Low tide is around 7:30am and I'll be there around 6:30am it should be about 20 degrees. Last time this happened one could pick coins up off the top of the sand as well as detect them.steve

Yep, that's the one place the snow won't stop you!
I guess you could IP if you want to chip away at 6 inches of white frozen beach sand the ocean temp. here is 34* each wave makes a frozen spray of salt water on the beach even in a thermal wet suit you wouldn't last 10 minutes in that water your water proof coil would freeze solid the ocean winds out here howl !!! lol .

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DirtyMike said:
Well now that it has stopped. Up on top of the mountain over looking Harpers Ferry, WV we ended up with 34 inches.

That's a straight up Snow Gangsta right there! ;D

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
Iron Patch said:
Buried Crap NJ said:
Stopped snowing here in NJ about 24 inches. The beaches got beat up pretty bad. Low tide is around 7:30am and I'll be there around 6:30am it should be about 20 degrees. Last time this happened one could pick coins up off the top of the sand as well as detect them.steve

Yep, that's the one place the snow won't stop you!
I guess you could IP if you want to chip away at 6 inches of white frozen beach sand the ocean temp. here is 34* each wave makes a frozen spray of salt water on the beach even in a thermal wet suit you wouldn't last 10 minutes in that water your water proof coil would freeze solid the ocean winds out here howl !!! lol .

Same for me, water is out bigtime, but many on the coast more south would have the option.

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two more inches last night, not a lot but I am so tired of the white crap. Amazing all the misery that winter can bring. My sister in law had a tree fall on her roof in California, that was after getting four feet of snow. It just keeps coming.
You people in northern states put up with this nonscense every year, its bad enough here in the southwest, let alone up there. Please save the world from Snowmageddon!...Kane 23

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: Snow? What's Snow?

Attachments

• Sherene scraping the bottom.jpg
    Sherene scraping the bottom.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Water Battle.jpg
    Water Battle.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 163
  • Snorkel Trip.jpg
    Snorkel Trip.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 157

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I'm not what you'd call timid when it comes to winter storms , but this one was bad and kinda
caught the folks in my holler off guard .
We're so anestitized to media hype that we figured on Thursday when they shut down the schools and services for Friday that it was just more BS .
Friday ; snow ,rain , then heavy wet snow started falling .
Then the trees and the power lines and the phone lines started falling .
By Saturday morning we had 28 inches of heavy , wet snow on the ground . All roads were impassable for the 10 miles to town and the State Road crews were working the Interstate and roads close to town .
Country folks that we are , generators and wood stoves took care of light and heat and cooking .
We were still in dire straights though because the whiskey ran out Friday evening and by Saturday night we were about to die of thirst .
The community turned to on Sunday morning and by the time the liquor store opened on Sunday we had chainsawed and tractor plowed a one lane track to town and the community
was saved .

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ENOUGH SNOW ALLREADY! Death to winter! Kane 23