Found Cool Way to View Coins

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Found this cool description today on how to see an enhanced view of coins -- and it works, but the "middle coin" a bit blurred for me. Would appreciate any feedback on if anyone can see the coins more clearly.

#
Place two identical coins next to each other about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.

#
Orient the coins in the same direction. Both coins should already be either both "heads" or "tails".
#
Position your head 6 to 12 inches above the coins.
#
Look down past the coins. You should see three coins. If you don't, tilt your head left or right a bit and the third coin should appear
#
Focus on the middle coin.

* Only two coins are actually there. The middle coin is a composite image of both coins. If you see four coins, you have them too far apart. (Even if you don't see four coins, they still may be too far apart.) Move the coins inward until you see two of the images merge.
* If you are nearsighted, you might find this easier without your glasses on.

#
Adjust the coins.

* Move the coins up or down, in or out as necessary to even them up.
* Rotate one of the coins to match exactly the lettering on each coin. You should see each word clearly on the center coin.

#
Look at the details on the coin. You are now viewing an enhanced stereoscopic view of the coin face!

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
You trying to get us dizzy or what?
I tried it, seems hard to get the middle coin to stay there.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hill Billy said:
You trying to get us dizzy or what?
I tried it, seems hard to get the middle coin to stay there.

This only seems to work for people with interest in looking at coins after you found them. :laughing7: I got a headache. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions