Crossman 760

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know I'm not the only one who grew up with this cool bb gun.
Every boy had one right?
The pump. I would pump that thing up 15 times sometimes!
As a kid growing up in Michigan that pellet gun would go everywhere with me.
I had hunted all kinds of game with it and I was accurate with it.

Good ole days!

I still have one and every time I shoot it, it reminds me of when I was ....The great white hunter ;D

Attachments

• p2200271dt.jpg
    p2200271dt.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,308
OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Spooky said:
me TOO!!!

Man, I had FUN with that one.. (in MI as well)

I always wanted pellets but was only allowed BBs..
Pellets were more expensive, and we were quite poor.

I think things like that teach responsibility..
I always wanted pellets but was only allowed BBs..

Hahahaha! Me TOO! But, I saved all my money and would sneak to KMART to buy the pellets.
I was cool then! Hahaha

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one when I was a kid. The best bb gun ever made as far as i'm concerned. We used to have "battles" with them. We were only supposed to pump it once (yeah right, like that rule was obeyed). I still have a bb lodged in the back of my leg some 30 years later. :laughing7:

Michaelangelo

Jun 9, 2009
Piedmont N.C.
Those were great guns!! Had mine taken away by the popo when me and a few (idiot) friends were shooting squirrels in the City Park in Salisbury. The cop knew me and my family very well (small town) and said to bring my Dad to the station and I could have it back. Dad went to his grave without a clue what happened to that gun!! Got another one when I got older and still have it. Unfortunately it won't build up pressure and shoot but I can't bear to get rid of it.

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Michaelangelo said:
Those were great guns!! Had mine taken away by the popo when me and a few (idiot) friends were shooting squirrels in the City Park in Salisbury. The cop knew me and my family very well (small town) and said to bring my Dad to the station and I could have it back. Dad went to his grave without a clue what happened to that gun!! Got another one when I got older and still have it. Unfortunately it won't build up pressure and shoot but I can't bear to get rid of it.
Hahahaha! I almost lost mine too. We would have those bb gun wars too but, , the neighborhood kids knew I was a good shot so they would always run away...

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
diggummup said:
I had one when I was a kid. The best bb gun ever made as far as i'm concerned. We used to have "battles" with them. We were only supposed to pump it once (yeah right, like that rule was obeyed). I still have a bb lodged in the back of my leg some 30 years later. :laughing7:

Had our share of those battles, still amazes me that we never got hurt. Great post, appreciate the jogging of those memories. :thumbsup:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Great air rifle! I still have mine 30 years later. Lethal on squirrels at closer range, I put a cheep scope on it too! ffd

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Crossman 760 too but I really liked a Daisy Powerline I belive this was better gun.

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'll admit i too am guilty of bb gun wars, i had a 350 bb capacity daisy and my buddy had a neat double barrell bb gun, don't know who made it. we would go different directions on his dads property in the country then hunt each other down, guns blazin until one day his dad caught us, end of that.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BB guns. My goodness, I'm a grown man. But last Christmas, the wife and step-son gave me one of those Crosman CO2 airsoft pistols. It is too cool. Shoots low and to the right, though.

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Spooky said:
Produce Guy said:
I had a Crossman 760 too but I really liked a Daisy Powerline I belive this was better gun.

The ONLY problem with the powerlines was the fact that the barrel had an outer sleeve..

I friend of mine would pour like 20 BBs down the barrel, and pump it like 20 times..

One day he shot the barrel right out of the outer sleeve about 50 feet and we never round it.
Hahahaha! oh god that's funny.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I have one of the first ones made. All wood stock and pump . I have used it for many years and would not want to part with it. I also have many other air guns and have been collecting them for many years. Hours of fun with little cost to shoot. What could be better? Have fun. rockhound

jd5105

May 20, 2009
West Monroe, La.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1260x, BountyHunter DE280 Outlaw, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still have my 760 that I got for Christmas in 1967. It came from Western Auto and was sold under the Revelation brand name. I have had it rebuilt twice,last time was in '96. The wood stock and forearm still have the gloosy finish. I was looking foward to getting that rifle as much as Ralphie was his Red Ryder in the Christmas Story movie!

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the crossman as a kid. We always had to have the pointed pellets, The flat ones just wernt good enough. Those things were accurate, and fun. Thanks for jogging my memory.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Mine was a Daisy Powerline model 922, all it shot was pellets though no BB's because it was .22 calibre. It took down a lot of starlings in its day. I remember taking it to Rogers Arkansas to get it repaired at thier manufacturing plant when it stopped building pressure. My Dad was an OTR truck driver and went through there on a regular basis, they had a neat little museum there at the factory too.

HH Charlie

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never fired the pointed one backwards spooky, I remember when we would run out of the pointed ones, and god forbid we had to use the flat ones we would take a knife and cut an x into the flat part. Cant remember what our reasoning was behind that, but at the time I'm sure we had a good one.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Wont do it in a pellet gun though.."

Tell that to the squirl's. ;D

Top Member Reactions