🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
on dec 20th 2009 i made a post on treasurenet.com site
asking for some advise for a detector that had a very low learning carve
to be used by a "learning disabled person"
well that post opened a flood gate of people saying their machine was better then this one or that one
out of all the post only two stoode out
one was mike know as 4-h on the site
he took the time to send me messages about the diffrent machines and what i could expect from them
we talked online and on the phone even thought he has a wife who is expecting any day now he still took the time to tell me what he has done metdal detecting and kids
well today i did order a minelab explorer se and i ordered it from mike
now plan on taking a few more learning disabled people out in to the fields with me
i may not get much swinging in my self but i will get to see the look on their faces when they dig their first button or coin
oh also i have one person who only has one hand who is looking forward to getting out in the field to try his luck
have a shovel that i made a mod to that will help him dig his own hits with out help from me

just have to wait till the ground is thawed....

thanks again 4-h and iron patch

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You took advice from two of the best. :icon_thumright: Good luck with the SE.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
I think what you are doing is a great deed. I'm sure those guys are going to have lots of fun. I agree with the above, 4-H and IP know alot about this hobby of ours. Mike is one of a kind, always ready to lend a helping hand. It's awesome what he does for those kids. :thumbsup:

Good Luck
Randy

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike and Maggie will be seeing some of my money soon. Nice to see a post like this. I had already made up my mind but this post seals the deal.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree... 4-H is the 2nd best. ;D

but.... if I am buying any tector equipment in the future he will be number one on the list. :thumbsup:

PS... Nothing wrong with that detector choice! :headbang:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You hooked up with a couple of straight shooters in IP and 4H. And I want to put you right up there in the same class, fmerg. Good job. Understand this, I do not like the label 'learning disabled person'. I understand why you use it. Those folks learn, but they learn in different ways than most of us and no one takes the time to figure out the way. Apparently you have. Good job. And we would all would like to see pics of those folks and their first finds. You deserve an honorable mention or somethin.

OP
OP
fmerg

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok it was shipped today should have my detector by Tuesday
also added two more to the list of people i need to get out in the field
thinking about try to start a small club that specializes in this area
gonna talk to some of my church members and see what we can do

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
Thanks guys!

Geeesh

Now...go away! ;D

Hey it's your own fault Mike. You answer questions, you provide a high level of customer service before, during and after the sale, and you are knowledgeable about the products you sell.

You made your bed now lie in it. ;D

You should be hearing from me soon. I'll PM you.

B

BIG61AL

Been thinking about your one hand person and what can I suggest to to make their hunts easier. Being blessed with two working hands I prefer to use the detector with my right arm and carry my digger and pin pointer in my left hand. Always ready and I always know I'll never walk away leaving it on the ground. I could put them in my pouch but I wear it sorta on the side and a little towards the back [does not get in the way when bending]. So putting them there for me is not an option. I would suggest that this person use a separate holster for these essential tools. A Velcro attached holster on the thigh or on the remaining arm where it easy to get to and visible to prevent losing them in the brush. Hope this was helpful and wishing you all much treasure to be found!

OP
OP
fmerg

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok the explorer came in at 11:30 today was out side with it at 12:00
there is a big difference in the machines
i cant get to the hits yet due to the ice in the ground but i was getting hits that the gti was not picking up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread