Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ancient Coin Collectors Guild Says Uncle Sam Seizes Coins Arbitrarily

BALTIMORE (CN) - U.S. Customs agents refuse to return 23 ancient coins they seized unfairly - some from Cyprus, where coins were minted by Alexander the Great, the Ancient Coin Collectors Guild claims in Federal Court. The Guild says Customs unfairly and arbitrarily applies import restrictions on historical coins, which have been traded for centuries and are of moderate value because there are so many of them.
Of the 23 coins seized, Customs reported that three were knife-shaped, seven were from Cyprus and 12 from China.
The Guild says Customs seized the coins because it could not "establish a chain of custody beyond receipt from a reputable source."

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/02/15/24687.htm

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not a police state yet, but will be if we have to give up our Second Amendment Rights. :read2:

itsmymind

Nov 25, 2009
SE Ks.
Detector(s) used
MXT
During the next State of the union address the president should just come out and say. Oh hell! were all SREWED!!!! I believe it was Ben Franklin that said "If you give up a little freedom for justice you deserve neither" That's all I got to say and I'm backing out of here and I'm watching you and you and you. Wait, that was paranoid wasn't it. :wink:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
another case of Big Brother watching out for you. yeah........bullsh*t

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread