Random finds explained!

mickk

Jul 23, 2006
For a few years now I have been watching Foxes. They have a habbit of taking anything with a trace of food, including clothing. They find it, drag it away then leave it. They rarely discard clothing close to the source. One of Tinpans posts recently got me thinking. Where I live is a patch of bush. Its riddled with foxes. Not long ago I watched 2 playing chasey in front of me, oblivious to everything around them or just bold as brass.

Ive found the strangest items in the weirdest places on my trecks. I have sat out at night and watched them carrying nappies, drink cans, shampoo bottles, shirts, gloves, plastic lids, papers, rolled up newspapers, ciggie packets, lighters, even a ladies handbag which I returned to the cops because no one in their right mind would have believed me if I was on the doorstep saying a fox took it. you name it, its taken by foxes. They sneak under fences and go right up to the house, in and out of sheds. They can get through a hole too small for a cat. The ones here are very small the size of an average cat.

Im hoping to get some night vision recording equipment one day.

So I now think that they are responsible for a lot of odd things found in the middle of nowhere. Ive even seem them drop an orange in the middle of a paddock, no house for miles.

Im also thinking that first night after a battle, all sorts of creatures carry off body parts with buttons etc attached.

What do you think? What have you found in the strangest place?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread