What Jobs Have You Done For Money ??? List a few!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I'll start young- 300 paper delivery route, Photography-Sport car racing-wedding-fine art-etc.,Radio& TV repairing, Alarm system design and instillation- homes and cars, Drafting-mechanical-electrical-archetcural-etc.,Adding machine& cashregister repair,Brick laying, Carpenter, Electrician, Surveying, Satellite Sales & service, General contracting-Homes-storage units, Field service engineer for large corporation, Painting-pyrography-wood carving-fresco-giclee and other forms of art work, Computer reconstruction 0f historical images "homes-mills-other strectures, etc. etc. etc.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Ive dug ditches by hand & later with heavy equipment, opperated hydraulic shears, presses & brakes, worked in Layout dept hand cutting internal parts for natural gas seperators with oxy-accetylene torch, certified high pressure submerged arc welder, certified high pressure arc, mig & heli-arc (tig) welder, boilermaker, layout pipefitter, worked many, many shutdowns & turnarounds in every So.Cal refinery as class A pipefitter/boilermaker, opperated heavy equipment including a 25 ton P&H crane. Now that Im old & very fragile I just act like I know whats goin on & let the young pups do the strenuous stuff! Ive deffinitely gotten smarter over all these years! :icon_thumleft:
I kick myself in the butt for not listening to my Pop & staying in school............I could have made him proud & been a gynacologist! (a lil' joke between father & son) I used to tell him "Pop, with my luck Ida ended up a damn proctologist!" :o

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lobstering, my one and only job. :icon_thumright:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked berries and beans
Bucked Hay
Laid irrigation pipe
20 years military
Head Hunter (Technical Recruiter)

Then retired. (for now any way).

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pimp ... 8)

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Spooky said:
Sporting Goods Saleperson
Dispatcher
Welder
QC/Process Engineer
Fraud Investigator
Police Officer
Security Contractor
EMT-B
ER Tech.
Writer
Despoiler of virgins
Lord of the Underworld

LOL Spooky! I never found a virgin.........now I know why!
So, Lord? Are you the one I was told to report to?? ??? :notworthy: :icon_salut:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a lot of jobs. My earliest memory is being in the cotton patch. When I was about 6, they sewed a strap on a gunney sack and I pulled cotton. Not pick. You got 2 cents a pound for pulling and 3 cents a pound for picking it. I paid for my school clothes in first grade. I was allowed to take fifty cents and blow it on candy. A whole bunch of candy then, and it was a silver walking liberty. Later on I chopped cotton. I bought my first record player with that for $17 and my first bicycle from Sears for $12. We got paid 75 cents an hour. One time the boss man came and told my mom that they were now payin $1.25 an hour so he was going to give us that for the field we just chopped. Mom said that we had hired on at 75 cents and that's what we would take. I thought I was one of the better hoers around, but I remember the last row I chopped, and I broke my hoe in half later on. I'll never chop cotton again. But I could if I had to, I guess.

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Worked on the farm raising chickens, by the millions, and picking up eggs, delivering eggs, washing eggs, hauling hay, working the cows. Worked in the woods cutting, skidding logs to the banking ground. Went to work for the state police in 1977 as a dispatcher, got the chief operators job and stayed with that for 30 years and retired ;D. Worked for other folks as a waterfowl guide and now do it for myself in the winter...d2

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I got a paper route at 10 which led to mowing grass and shoveling snow for several of the folks on my route. Worked fast food as a teenager which eventually led to managing several restaurants and a bakery. Somewhere in the middle of all that I also drove semi's over the road and tour buses. For a couple years I was a weed spray technician for a railroad contractor which meant I got to drive a spray truck on the railroad tracks from Chicago to New Orleans and Houston to Seattle. And one summer I worked for Herzog construction unloading train cars by climbing on top of the train in a backhoe and loading dump trucks from the top of the train. There were several other ventures in there also like helping out farmers doing anything they needed done which was usually haying, walking beans, picking rocks, and detassling corn.

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First job was in tobbaco, planted, cut, housed and stripping ! 8-12 years old, my uncle was my boss.
Worked at a country store stocking shelves, coolers and cleaning the floors.13-17.
Bigger supermarket doing the same as above job, 18-21.
Laying carpet, tile and lineleoum for a friend, 21-23
Veneer mill was next, did everything except supervise there, 23-30.
Factory was next, mostly loading trucks, 30-37.
Then i did security work for awhile 37-38.
Hospital work was next, stripped and waxed floors there, 38-39.
I do the same now for the F.A.C and full time student, going for
my degree in parole/probation.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I used to have a busness type card that was more or less a joke to some, but a lot of thought went into it.

It simply stated ...

World class trainer; Rodeo Cowboy; Soldier of fortune;
Champion of the oppressed; International lover;
Casual hero; Working girl's friend; All around good guy.
Seeker of Peace

Wars fought, Bears bred, Tigers Tamed, Chickens sexed, Warts removed, Cougars Tracked
Scores predicted, Uprisings quashed, Alligators castrated, Bars emptied, Taxes appealed,
Lawsuits settled, Virgins converted, Dogfights stopped, Catfights started, furniture stripped,
Computers varified, Cockfights Organised.

I must have passed out several hundred of them before I ran out.

WishfulThinker

Jan 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JOATMON :headbang: It stands for "Jack Of All Trades Master Of None".
:coffee2:

Building Computer Programs = :BangHead:
Graphics and Imagery Display Systems -- NASA and Military
Fighter/Bombers and Recon. Aircraft Computer Systems / Ground Support / Development Labs
Military Training Systems
Traveling About the Country and Canada

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Milk cows and put up hay for other people.
Drugstore counter-person (soda, ice-cream) - that paid a whopping 50 cents an hour and all the soda and ice cream I could eat :laughing7:
Used to buy eggs at the local auction, then sell them (delivered by bike) to all our neighbors. bike rider.gif
Picked berries to sell. (did that all summer as they came in - blueberries, blackberries, strawberries (grew my own berries) - and rhubarb and asparagus (which I also grew).
Sold apples, pears and peaches (also self-grown) Also picked and sold wild blueberries and wild grapes (best for jelly).
Canned tomatoes for neighbors. (they provided their tomatoes and the jars/lids) and also pickles and green tomato relish.

B

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
mrs.oroblanco said:
Milk cows and put up hay for other people.
Drugstore counter-person (soda, ice-cream) - that paid a whopping 50 cents an hour and all the soda and ice cream I could eat :laughing7:
Used to buy eggs at the local auction, then sell them (delivered by bike) to all our neighbors.

Picked berries to sell. (did that all summer as they came in - blueberries, blackberries, strawberries (grew my own berries) - and rhubarb and asparagus (which I also grew).
Sold apples, pears and peaches (also self-grown) Also picked and sold wild blueberries and wild grapes (best for jelly).
Canned tomatoes for neighbors. (they provided their tomatoes and the jars/lids) and also pickles and green tomato relish.

What did you do in your spare time?

B

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
cashier at a grocery store
club DJ in Houston, TX
Professional singer (ya might have caught the video on MTV back in the 80's)
Advertising sales
On-air Hostess for a shopping channel
Radio DJ
Muse

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
wow I think my jobs will sound boring by comparison..

counter waitress
hotel maid
made "campaign" type buttons in a factory
nurses aide
seamstress for 3 bridal salons
sarah coventry jewelry sales person
ocean city boardwalk salesperson in jewelry store
Home Economics Teacher
Guidance counselor

now looking forward to retirement. People ask me what I'm going to do and the answer is, "anything but work".

dahoser

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2010
Grayling, MI.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
1967 started work at local K-Mart
68-72 US Navy SeaBees trip to Nam, and Gitmo Cuba
73-78 Power lineman
78-83Automotive parts plant as skilled trades(electritian)
83-present Wood panel manufacturer electritian
Now when I retire in three years, from that time till I can't hunt will be non stop detecting. :headbang: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread