Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From experience I can only comment on the GTI and Explorer.... and Explorer wins hands down. The Garrett is good detector but the Explorer does everything a bit better, or a lot better. I can probably answer any questions on one vs the other because it's the two detectors I know well.

PS... My friend the Patriot (member here) gave up his DFX about 5 years ago to join our Minelab swinging crew and has never looked back. Mainer, another member here changed from an XLT (similar to DFX) and also has never looked back.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont have any problems with my DFX it goes deep it ID,s right on the money it pinpoint,s prefect i use a custom mixed mode program and as far as the Sov. GT i been using my buddy's for awhile until i get mine from Minelab well that's from another world i got the S-12 coil for it :laughing7: i don't think it can be beat on any terms , all i can say is ask around and keep notes personally i would go with Minelab and Whites as my 2 best choices i dont know much about Garrett .Dd60

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on Iron Patch, had the Garrett 2500 before the XLT, and the Explorer wins hands down. Go with the Explorer dcbaros you wont be disapointed. :thumbsup:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I have used a Minelab Exp. Se for about 3 years. I have also used a White's and a Fisher F75 LTD. I like the Fisher for relic hunting. It not as deep as the Minelab but it separates iron and other targets better. The Minelab is hands down the best coin finding machine I have ever used and I have been detecting since 1971. I found a half dime at 14 inches with it. Which ever machine you buy read the instructions watch the video. Then do it all again about 3 or 4 times. Then get out and practice a bunch. That's the only way to get good.
Dman

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I also dropped the DFX for an Explorer, it just had the depth edge, i still have the DFX because it seems to be a better jewelry detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread