glacial gold recovery

ky gold

Greenie
Jun 25, 2010
ky
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac, tesoro tejon, garret infinium ls
Just wondering if anyone is from northern ky who has gold huntin experiance. I have been panning gold with a kitchen bowl near a couple of glacial deposits and would like to know a little more about getting through more material faster. It takes me about 15 min to get through each kitchen bowl of material and i usually end up with 2 to 10 specs of gold. If anyone has good experiance and lives near cincinnati i can take you to one of my spots in trade for some help. thanks

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haveyou try using a sluice box and run a bunch of material thru it then try panning it. Plus get a regular gold pan as that should help you out some......Matt

OP
OP
ky gold

ky gold

Greenie
Jun 25, 2010
ky
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the welcome!

WishfulThinker

Jan 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureNet Forum > Prospecting > Gold Prospecting > Sluicing
Also High-Banking

"A few newbee questions about sluicing" <<<=== Read this message really good introductory information.
Read all the posts - cheaper than buying every configuration and trying them out.

OP
OP
ky gold

ky gold

Greenie
Jun 25, 2010
ky
Detector(s) used
I built a 36" sluice box and have been finding alot more gold. I spent the last 18 years walking these creeks for arrowheads and never had a clue there was gold under my feet. Ky geologist say there is no gold in ky so I never thought about looking untill I found out it was right across the river in ohio. I think I got gold fever, have'nt even looked for arrowheads since I started finding gold.

KY_yankee

Oct 9, 2010
ky gold said:
I built a 36" sluice box and have been finding alot more gold. I spent the last 18 years walking these creeks for arrowheads and never had a clue there was gold under my feet. Ky geologist say there is no gold in ky so I never thought about looking untill I found out it was right across the river in ohio. I think I got gold fever, have'nt even looked for arrowheads since I started finding gold.

Hi,

I'm new to the site and new to Kentucky from New Hampshire, they said the same thing about New Hampshire, no gold, and i believed them until I pulled my first small piece from a stream bed. A small sluice is the best method and a good pan in the end.
Hoping to find place to pan in Lincoln or some where near by or it's back to gem stones and geodes for me.

once the fever gets you it's there for ever :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread