Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps your friend wouldn't mind doing a diagram of the way to hook up the vibra phone thing? I'm sure many would be interested. I have used the Harbor Freight tool for a year or so and found that if I have on head phones and working near a highway or busy street I can't hear it. Thanks. Monty

OP
OP
M

Mezrein503

Jul 7, 2010
Hillboro
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched him do it. The way he mounted it was he stood the vibramotoro on end and placed it just below the screw that holds the coil on and the hot glued it in place. Soldered the wires that were going to the speaker to the motor, then put another glob of anchor glue over the bottom of it. Doesnt appear to interfear with the coil at all being where it is. Plus, if I ever need to open it again, you dont have to worry about pulling the wires off. I'll get my camera from home and post some pics of it. He did an awesome job of it. And it works like a champ with the secondary sens adjustment we made. Was able to find a 1/16th" wide by 1/8th" long sliver of metal in hard packed dirt. Wasnt actually doing detecting stuff, just put it near the ground to see if there was something there, and there was, :)

OP
OP
M

Mezrein503

Jul 7, 2010
Hillboro
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the pics. Modified the outside of the case

Case1.jpg

As you can see, we removed the red switch completly and covered it up, put a normal toggle switch on top where the light use to be.

case2.jpg

Another angel

internal1.jpg

Internal shot of the switch wiring

internal2.jpg

Internal shot of the cell phone vibra motoro

internal3.jpg

A little size prespective. its a tiny tiny motor but damn it sure makes the thing vibrate a lot!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's another trick for the HF pinpointer. You can add a bright blue LED to those same red and black leads for the speaker. It will only go on when it detects the target. That should work in noisy locations for you. It's amazing what you can get from a $16. pinpointer!

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Nice mod. Harbor freight has some good deals. In my experience the stuff does not last long which is probably why its so cheap but for that price you can buy a bunch of them and still be ahead of the game vs. what you pay for other pinpointers.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought five when I first heard about them and caught them on sale. I gave three of them away to other MDers and kept 2. One of the two quit but the other one has worked for months. I'm sure the broken one just has a loose wire and I'll fix it some day. Monty

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had mine for around 2 years and it's still working.
I like the sensitivity control, crank it up to where it
almost sounds off in the air and it will lead you to your
target, crank it down as you get closer. You can't beat
it for 15 bucks.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All i can say is that they are cheap and i have returned 3 of them !!! But I really like the fix for the D@mn switch that i always have problems with!!! Chug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread