Are all these great posted finds normal for summertime?

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still new to detecting, and really enjoy reading everyones finds on this forum. Is the number of significant finds this summer normal? The 1812 button cache, the 1812 artillery button, the $1 gold coin, and the platinum & diamond ring etc. seem to me to be pretty important finds. Has it been an unusally productive summer or what? Kudos to the brave who tough it out and hunt in this heat :notworthy: If recent finds are any indication of what is to come in cooler weather, I will be glued to the computer this fall. I notice a lot of the big game hunters (as I call them) don't get out much if any at all this time of year. HH Gene

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see under your Avatar "Charlotte area"
I hunt the "Charlotte area" As long as you get out in the AM the heat isn't bad at all. The reason you see so many good post's in the summer is because most of the country is covered in snow half the year.
Believe me, some very good finds lay very close to you right now. Get your permission, fill your holes neatly, and post a great find yourself...

Good Luck!

Mike

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to get out just at daylight and be home by 10:00 or so before it gets too hot. Up on the lake the sunrise is awsome to see. Looks like the sun rises right out of the water. Sunset ain't bad either. But also early morning usually gives me the place to myself no matter where I go. Monty

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
I have to hunt in the early morning or the late afternoon. But school starts monday and summer is over for me :crybaby2: :icon_pale:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you consider how many members are still getting out there good things are bound to happen! Generally it's tough around here with most of the fields planted but thinking back over the years I've had several very good Summer hunts, one making the banner, and the other two probably would have as well had I been posting here at the time. So if I had at least 3 worthy ones, and it's fairly hard going here, simply the number of active diggers is enough to keep great stuff being posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread